• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood transfussion anyone?

snowathlete

Even before this new Norwegian stuff about B Cells came about, i was wondering whether swapping out your blood for someone elses might make you better.

I dont know anything about blood transfussions, but my guess would be that you would have to several of them, each time diluting your own 'potentially dodgy' blood further. I guess that a full swap all in one go, isnt even possible...?

Anyway, i wonder if anyone has had this? - either by election, or consequence.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

p.s. i just started reading up on blood transfussions on the net and i started to feel sick, so, maybe someone else could investigate if this has been tried before....:thumbsup:

snowathlete

okay...what about Bone Marrow transplant?

In thinking about why the drug used in teh Norway study stops working for some people, i am guessing that maybe its because the blood returns to its previous state, because your body produces more blood, from the bone marrow.

So, i wonder, has anyone with CFS ever had a bone marrow transplant (for whatever unrealated reason) and had any improvement?