• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood test says my potassium is over range??

gu3vara

It came back at 5.3, limit is 5.0 on the lab range. Not dangerous but indicative that I don't need to take a supp clearly.

I stopped all potassium except the usual banana in the morning and normal food intake 3 days before the test, performed after a 12 hours fast.

Clearly I don't miss potassium right now, I started having a lot of odd muscle twitches and cramps 2 weeks into the active B protocol, and I assumed it was due to potassium getting low.

Could it be caused by die-off of bad cells or pathogens??

Think I'll stop the potassium for a couple weeks and test again.

I'm confused, thx!

Freddd

It came back at 5.3, limit is 5.0 on the lab range. Not dangerous but indicative that I don't need to take a supp clearly.

I stopped all potassium except the usual banana in the morning and normal food intake 3 days before the test, performed after a 12 hours fast.

Clearly I don't miss potassium right now, I started having a lot of odd muscle twitches and cramps 2 weeks into the active B protocol, and I assumed it was due to potassium getting low.

Could it be caused by die-off of bad cells or pathogens??

Think I'll stop the potassium for a couple weeks and test again.

I'm confused, thx!

Hi gu3vara,

Please list all the supplements and quantites you are taking. Also, any previous potassium tests results and when. I need context.

gu3vara

Ok.

For the 3 days preceding the tests I took :

2500 mcg Methyl B12 (Jarrow)
1000 mcg adenosylB12 (Source naturals)
600 mcg Solgar metafolin
1 half of B complex with metafolin (no folic acid), so 200 mcg methyfolate in it
3 omega3 softgels
1 sunflower lecithin

For two weeks before that I was taking

2500 mcg Methyl B12 (Jarrow)
2000 mcg adenosylB12 (Source naturals)
750 to 1000 mg of potassium gluconate (split in two doses)
400 mcg Solgar metafolin
1 B complex with metafolin (no folic acid), so 400 mcg of methylfolate in it.
3 omega3 softgels
1 sunflower lecithin
3 grams of vitamin C (calcium abscorbate)
5 mg manganese
125 mcg molybdenum
300 mg calcium carbonate
2 magnesium malate tablets (300 mg elemental magnesium)
3000 IU vitamin D
400 IU vitamin E
5000 IU vitamin A
25 mg zinc
50 mcg selenium
some liquid colloidal minerals for trace elements.

I stopped most of them when I started to have a lot of twitching and cramping. So I waited 3 days off most supps and took this blood test.

My thyroid is :

TSH 0.7
T4 free : slightly over the top range
T3 free : right in the middle

I don't think it's because of that, it's not really significant, don't feel hyper. My dose will probably be reduced from 112 mcg to 100 of Synthroid. Haven't talked to my thyroid doctor yet about it

Last potassium check was 4.3 in august 2011. Didn't have high potassium before except once when I was severely hypothyroid years ago.

Thx!