• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood results in...

So finally after a crazy journey of doctors, one found positive antibodies for EBV. The numbers were 140 & 40. I don't know what is what but those are the numbers she gave me. No CURRENT infection, but antibodies definitely present.

She says this may likely be the reasoning for my fatigue and fatigue episodes... So this is a start,,

NOW WHAT?

FYI- still waiting for hhv-6 results.

Thanks in advance!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
So finally after a crazy journey of doctors, one found positive antibodies for EBV. The numbers were 140 & 40. I don't know what is what but those are the numbers she gave me. No CURRENT infection, but antibodies definitely present.

She says this may likely be the reasoning for my fatigue and fatigue episodes... So this is a start,,

NOW WHAT?

FYI- still waiting for hhv-6 results.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Do you have copies of the test results? Which type of antibody matters. If you have copies, post the different types of antibodies here and you should get some good responses.

Best,
Sushi

Hi, Thanks... Here are results. It's no doubt I have both these babies... and now according to more blood work potentially Lyme, although it said the results where 'indetermined'

Epstein-Barr Viral Panel

EBV-VCA, IGM < 10.0 (H)
EBV-VCA, IGG 140.0 (H)
EBV Nuclear Antigen, IgG 41.9
EBV Early Antigen (EA-D), IgG 8.1

EBV Interpretation Guide
/ VCA IgM / / VCA IgG / /EBNA IgG / /EA(D) IgG
Negative - - - -
Acute + + - +/-
Convalescence +/- + +/- +/-
*Past Infection - + + +/-
Reactivation +/- + + +