• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bleaching household mold helps breathing

xchocoholic

No. I tried following the instructions given in the tech support section but I didn't find the option mentioned.

I'm past exhausted tho so I can't really focus on this. Maybe later ? tc ... x

dannybex

I believe firmly that if a cult or relgion or "faith" is involved at any level in a treatment, that it has no credibility whatsoever at all.

"MMS" is bleach. It is dangerous. I would not recommend it or endorse it. I don't think it should be being promoted here at all.

I'm sure this has probably been said 150 times elsewhere, but with all due respect, that is incorrect. MMS is chlorine dioxide, not chlorine. There's no faith or religion involved…it's a fact.

From the EPA website on chlorine dioxide:

"Since the beginning of the twentieth century, when it was first used at a spa in Ostend, Belgium,
chlorine dioxide has been known as a powerful disinfectant of water. During the 1950s, it was
introduced more generally as a drinking water disinfectant since it provided less organoleptic
hindering than chlorine. Approximately 700 to 900 public water systems use chlorine dioxide to
treat potable water
(Hoehn, 1992).

Today, the major uses of chlorine dioxide are:

· CT disinfection credit;

· Preoxidant to control tastes and odor;

· Control of iron and manganese; and

· Control of hydrogen sulfide and phenolic compounds.

Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is a neutral compound of chlorine in the +IV oxidation state. It disinfects by oxidation; however, it does not chlorinate."

It's also been used for decades to purify river or lake water when on hiking or camping trips:

http://www.amazon.com/Potable-Aqua-3093-Chlorine-DioxideTablets/dp/B000IBY64W

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I'm sure this has probably been said 150 times elsewhere, but with all due respect, that is incorrect. MMS is chlorine dioxide, not chlorine. There's no faith or religion involved…it's a fact.

From the EPA website on chlorine dioxide:

"Since the beginning of the twentieth century, when it was first used at a spa in Ostend, Belgium,
chlorine dioxide has been known as a powerful disinfectant of water. During the 1950s, it was
introduced more generally as a drinking water disinfectant since it provided less organoleptic
hindering than chlorine. Approximately 700 to 900 public water systems use chlorine dioxide to
treat potable water
(Hoehn, 1992).

Today, the major uses of chlorine dioxide are:

· CT disinfection credit;

· Preoxidant to control tastes and odor;

· Control of iron and manganese; and

· Control of hydrogen sulfide and phenolic compounds.

Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is a neutral compound of chlorine in the +IV oxidation state. It disinfects by oxidation; however, it does not chlorinate."

It's also been used for decades to purify river or lake water when on hiking or camping trips:

http://www.amazon.com/Potable-Aqua-3093-Chlorine-DioxideTablets/dp/B000IBY64W

As with most things, the dose makes the poison. The small concentration of chlorine in tapwater is unlikely to harm most people.

The religious connection relates to the man who is promoting the product.

taniaaust1

When you google "ME", huge ads for the lightening-your-wallet process appear right at the top.
I'd like to second what MeSci said about you not causing us any distress, @Wayne - I'm more worried about you than upset at your comments.
It IS often very hard to tell what's ok and what's not.

obviously it is helping Wayne in some way.

I wish people here didnt give someone who was sharing their experience such a hard time. One can disagree with what another is doing but I think its terrible when that person is made to feel too uncomfortable to post again.

dannybex

As with most things, the dose makes the poison. The small concentration of chlorine in tapwater is unlikely to harm most people.

The religious connection relates to the man who is promoting the product.

Of course the dose makes the poison…one can, and has, died from drinking too much water, and purified water at that.

Nevertheless, it still isn't bleach, and there's still over a hundred children who have lost their diagnosis of autism as a result of following the protocol.

dannybex

I wish people here didnt give someone who was sharing their experience such a hard time. One can disagree with what another is doing but I think its terrible when that person is made to feel too uncomfortable to post again.
Me too. No wonder people who have recovered or are recovering generally stay clear of forums, as there are always people who either question their methods, or worse, question if they really ever had "real" ME/CFS.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
This forum is a place for people to share their experiences and their opinions about treatments. Like it or not, whenever 2 or more humans are gathered together in the same space, disagreement likely comes with the territory.

My personal experience with MMS was not a positive one. I used it as a mouth rinse (for 5 days) prior to attempting to take it internally... and lo and behold, it ATE THE CHROME on my kitchen drain. No thank you, I will pass on ingestion!

SInce then, I have spoken with two people who screwed up their digestion rather severely by taking MMS internally. One is still in recovery after 3 years. Given this, I wouldn't take MMS or recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:

xchocoholic

thanks. I like the title much better. I'm laying here getting some much needed rest and had to chuckle over this. I guess it was obvious that I was never going to get to this. pwcs, what can I say ?

Again. thanks.... x

dannybex

This forum is a place for people to share their experiences and their opinions about treatments. Like it or not, whenever 2 or more humans are gathered together in the same space, disagreement likely comes with the territory.

My personal experience with MMS was not a positive one. I used it as a mouth rinse (for 5 days) prior to attempting to take it internally... and lo and behold, it ATE THE CHROME on my kitchen drain. No thank you, I will pass on ingestion!

SInce then, I have spoken with two people who screwed up their digestion rather severely by taking MMS internally. One is still in recovery after 3 years. Given this, I wouldn't take MMS or recommend it to anyone.

Totally agree…'disagreement comes with the territory'. What helps some won't help others and/or may make them worse.

I appreciate you sharing your experience DB and of course sorry to hear it wasn't a good one, to say the least. I'm curious…what strength (or dilution) of MMS were you using? Sounds awfully strong to take the chrome off the drain! :nervous:

dannybex

Thanks for the replies. I think I figured out part of it. I also breath better when I get out of thus condo. So there's bad air in here that's causing breathing problems.

So, inhaling bleach fumes may not be what's causing the positive reaction. I understand what you mean by airways opening up tho. I'll watch for that.

The a/c unit here is old and the inside of the ducts are yellowish brown so I get why spraying these help.

I'm surprised that spraying the screens makes such a difference. I need to repeat the process daily at this point. I live upstairs so taking these down for cleaning isn't possible for me.

X -- I seem to recall that @slayadragon and others have said that bleaching moldy areas may 'clean' the area, but leaves dried mold spores behind? Perhaps she'll see this and comment. :)

xchocoholic

thanks. Are they saying these dead spores can be a problem too ?

After writing this, I also saw that cigarette smoke residue could only be eliminated with bleach too. My neighbors smoked heavily and the fumes were always in my apt.

I'm out of there thankfully. : ) x

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I appreciate you sharing your experience DB and of course sorry to hear it wasn't a good one, to say the least. I'm curious…what strength (or dilution) of MMS were you using? Sounds awfully strong to take the chrome off the drain! :nervous:

Hi Dan. I tried MMS (as I mentioned--JUST as a mouth rinse) at least 5 or 6 years ago, and followed the directions regarding dilution. As I recall there was a lemon involved in the process. And there was that very significant point about it eating the chrome on my drain. That's all I can tell you.

I don't keep track of all the details of all the failed remedies that I have tried... in my 36 years worth of trying remedies. Otherwise I would have no room in my brain for anything worth knowing. ;)

xchocoholic

Thanks. I read the link you provided.

I had a problem with plant mold right before moving and had to throw out quite a bit. Hopefully that'll help.

tc ... x

Last edited:

taniaaust1

X -- I seem to recall that @slayadragon and others have said that bleaching moldy areas may 'clean' the area, but leaves dried mold spores behind? Perhaps she'll see this and comment. :)

Mold spores are what causes issues.. as you breath them in ect. They are in the air and can get over all your belongings My last place thou the water issues had been long fixed, there was still a major mold issue going on (so bad that others had commented on the mold smell when they walked into my home thou none could be seen, long cleaned up). I was going to get my whole house air treated ..ozone or something like that.. when I priced it up thou it was too costly so had to wait to move to get myself away from that issue. (I hope I didnt bring too much mold spores with me on things. new house thou has slight mold issue.. coming from a drain. I keep having to pour bleach down there).

SOC

thanks. Are they saying these dead spores can be a problem too ?

After writing this, I also saw that cigarette smoke residue could only be eliminated with bleach too. My neighbors smoked heavily and the fumes were always in my apt.

I'm out of there thankfully. : ) x
Glad to hear you are out of there. It sounds like it was an unhealthy place (mold, smoke) for anyone, much less a PWME. I hope your new place is much healthier. :hug: