• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

black tea increases circulating kynurenine concentrations

Wishful

I don't have a feel for the figures given, but I have a feeling that their 'significant increase' may not mean 'test subject can notice a difference'. Also, does KYN in their report mean kynurenic acid (good stuff) or all kynurenines (some are nasty)? Boosting KYNA might make you feel better, while boosting QUIN might make you feel worse.

I can't be a guinea pig for this test, because black tea gives me insomnia. I'll await your report.

alex3619

The real question is whether or not this is a good idea for PWME in general or a specific patient, or not.

I used to drink a lot of green tea. It never made a major difference, but that could be an individual response. Years back I used to drink a lot of black tea. I don't recall any benefit, but it was a long time back.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Black tea makes me feel worse. I love the taste and it feels calming but if I indulge I pay for it for at least 2-3 days afterwards so not sure how this would apply to me.

I thought it was because it was lowering my low blood pressure even more but the last time I tried it my bp didn't move much but I still felt lousy.