August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bizarre tooth pain that come and goes.

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by Misfit Toy, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    Does anyone else have this weird symptom. My teeth hurt. It feels like a cavity, or a tooth just hurts and then it goes away. Whenever I have an X-ray of it, it comes back fine. does anyone else have this bizarre situation?

Right now it's my back molar. It scares me to death.

Joh and ljimbo423 like this.
  2. CreativeB

CreativeB Senior Member

Scotland
    Eh, yes I get that too. Dentist usually says 'it seems ok now, we'll have a look again next time'. By the next visit it's stopped, but then comes back. I have soft teeth and s lot have been fracturing, so I do worry too

Misfit Toy likes this.
  3. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    Mine happens due to having partials and I think the partials are rubbing on the dentin of the tooth. I have partials because my root canals didn't work and I had to have teeth pulled. I wanted a bridge, but I have CVID so my teeth become infected easily.

I take really good care of my teeth and wash them twice a day and use baking soda. They feels so clean.

Anyway, I hope this pain goes away soon. It's quite strange.

I have sensitive teeth.

4. CreativeB

CreativeB Senior Member

Scotland
    @Misfit Toy, i hope it clears up for you. Tooth pain is never comfortable. o_O

Misfit Toy and jesse's mom like this.
  5. PatJ

PatJ Forum Support Assistant

Canada
    I've had entire rows of teeth and gums ache for a few days, then the pain fades away. Sometimes the pain would jump over to the teeth on the other side of my mouth. It's a weird ME/CFS effect that people have posted about before.

For sensitive teeth and rebuilding enamel, I've been using this tooth powder recipe:
    If the ingredients are purchased in bulk then it's cheaper to make than buying bottles of capsules, which is what black walnut and horsetail usually come in.

Misfit Toy, Joh, Judee and 1 other person like this.
  6. jesse's mom

jesse's mom Senior Member

Alabama USA
    There is also Sensodyne toothpaste and some mouthwash the dentist sold me once. I am in the middle of having to decide what to do about bridges, or implants.

I can't see myself going and having the bone grafts necessary to have the implants done. My mouth is so sensitive though that I keep putting it off. I now grind my teeth less in my sleep. There is no "feedback" because there is no pressure so my popping locked up jaw occurs less since I lost the teeth. Maybe someday! I would love to have my big smile back!

Misfit Toy likes this.
  7. skwag

skwag Senior Member

I've had sensitive and painful teeth, which according to my dentist due to the acidic condtions as a result of a somewhat dry mouth. The enamel just gets eaten away little by little.

As much as I hated the I idea of more flouride, I started using Fluoridex Sensitivity Relief toothpaste which contains 4x the fluoride of any toothpaste you can buy over the counter. You are supposed to brush it on and leave it on your teeth for 15 to 30 minutes. I usually keep it on about 10 minutes before I wash my mouth out thoroughly.

Well, the stuff works! It works really well.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can buy this stuff anywhere except at a dentist's office. And at around $20 it is expensive for a toothpaste, but it does last a long time.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    CreativeB and jesse's mom like this.
  8. CreativeB

CreativeB Senior Member

Scotland
    What about a fluoride mouthwash? I'm supposed to use Flouriguard ... i think its by Colgate

9. Judee

Judee Senior Member

Wisconsin
    For some reason, the Sensodyne-type toothpastes actually make my teeth hurt more. :eek: ??

My mom gets tooth aches where she has no teeth. She has a lot of sinus issues and doctors have said that pain can radiate from those so could it be pain radiating from your sinuses?

After a dentist removed all my amalgams he took my bite out of occlusion and my upper jaw shifted left by about 1.5mm (midlines don't line up anymore):(. It put tremendous pressure on one small tooth--like it was getting squeezed by all the other teeth?

Did you have dental work recently that could have shifted things or could your permanent teeth be shifting because of any gaps?

10. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    I have no gaps. It went away....for now!

See more popular forum discussions.