• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Biofeedback and/or neurofeedback therapy in Australia?

lafarfelue

Let me preface this post by saying that I don't believe that CBT and GET can cure ME/CFS. I do believe that neuroplasticity is a thing, however, and that changes can be made to how our brains signal our bodies to react in certain circumstances (say, to reminders of trauma events).

My question is, has anyone on this forum had any experience (negative or positive) with biofeedback or neurofeedback therapies/therapists in Australia? I would like to find a bio- and/or neurofeedback therapist down the track.

I don't think that biofeedback and neurofeedback therapies should necessarily intend to 'cure' ME/CFS, but I have had recent success with EMDR therapy for some things related with anxiety, PTSD and longer term cPTSD. I feel that this has helped me manage my ME/CFS symptoms better.

I am still undergoing EMDR therapy and do not expect to need too many more appointments before my previously mentioned long term and deeper seated issues are addressed. Bio/neurofeedback therapies are options that I'd like to explore down the track, once I've undertaken a sleep study and completed EMDR.