The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Big Data: An Important Tool for Complex Diseases like ME/CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by AndyPR, Sep 21, 2016.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Although not credited on the page itself, I believe Dr. Zaher Nahle posts about big data in ME/CFS research.

http://solvecfs.org/big-data-an-important-tool-for-complex-diseases-like-mecfs/

Snow Leopard, ahimsa and aimossy like this.
  2. ahimsa

ahimsa Rarely on PR now

Thanks for posting the link, @AndyPR

I wish they'd make some changes to the Solve ME/CFS website (solvecfs.org).

For example, why does this article on big data have no date? (or am I missing it? I tried to look for one)

AndyPR likes this.
  3. KnightofZERO

KnightofZERO

Big data and the various 'omics fields: genomics, metabolomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, is hugely promising. However I hope that one group (or several groups in close collaboration) can get funding to do these studies on us. Ideally under the umbrella of a research initiative which included or was cognizant of other parts (such as stage of illness, severity, epidemiological concerns etc) *cough* open data-sharing.

Otherwise I think there could be disparate conclusions depending on sample size, laboratory procedures, definition used. In short I think it's hugely promising if done right. :rocket:

Snow Leopard likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.