• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Beware of tainted canteloupe--listeria outbreak

LaurelW

Hi,

A bunch of canteloupes from western Colorado were recalled on September 10th due to contamination with the listeria bacteria. It is finally hitting all the major news outlets today. (What took them so long?) It only affects the elderly, pregnant women and people with compromised immune systems (that would be us).

See http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-listeria-outbreak-deadliest-decade/story?id=14622507

They say it's all been recalled, but don't be so sure--my mom was at a conference last weekend where we've been hearing that 50% of the attendees got sick from this. The incubation period can last up to a month.
My mom's case hasn't been confirmed yet, but her first symptoms were lightheadedness and grand mal seizures.

Just a heads up.