• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best spirulina product?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I'm looking to buy a nutri-bullet, have been advised to try maca plus wheatgrass plus spirulina in with the fruit and veg.

Obviously I will add them slowly once I've started blending, but looking at the sources I'm a bit apprehensive about spirulina, I want something that is guaranteed pure, or should I just leave it out?

Lynn_M

I wouldn't add the spirulina. It has Vitamin B12 analogues, which will bind to your Vitamin B12 receptors but won't provide the biological activity of true Vitamin B12. I bought a microalgae product called BioSuperfood made by BioNutrition. It has 2 types of spirulina plus Dunaliella and Astaxanthin and is grown in an enclosed bioincubator with a pure water source. Seems like a great product, but I almost always muscle test poorly with it. I think it's because I was low in Vit B12.