• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best sources of retinol?? (can't convert Beta-Carotene)

ebethc

thanks, @ahmo ! I just discovered mangosteen, and so far I like it. Is there a brand of rutin that you like? I've never heard of it. I respond well to anti-oxidents..

@Bryce74 - I have read some negative things about quercetin... I don't take enough of it to be concerned, plus I've recently discovered mangosteen.. Yes, fat-stored vitamins tend to be problematic if taken too much.. thanks

sregan

I've replaced quercetin w/ mangosteen. I also use rutin. When I have a histamine reaction, rutin works almost immediately.

@ahmo what is your "histamine reaction?". I suspect I have a histamine issue and was involved in some discussion here a few months ago. I think the histamine contributes very much to me just feeling worn out and CFS lousy also adding to GI issues.

I recently had some success with a Vitamin C that includes Rutin and Hesperidin and I believe it might be due to the Rutin. So now I'm looking back into histamine.

ahmo

@sregan My histamine reactions are primarily itching. Sometimes when I increased folate, I'd get weepy eyes, restlessness. Sometimes scratchy throat, or feeling of throat closing. At times it's been wheezing. Occasionally very strange itching in hands, webs of fingers. In the scheme of things, my responses are mild, nothing approaching anaphylaxis some get.