• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best multivitamin?

I've been using a combination of SeekingHealth's Optimal Multivitamin & Liquid health's Complete Multi.

Liquid Health just upgraded their formula. They're saying "All B-vitamins are now derived from methyl coenzyme forms or whole food based from organic certified herbs. Folic acid (folate) now 100% sourced from organic lemon peel."

I've been using the old formula. The label isn't so specific about the forms of the Bs. But the combination of the two has been phenomenal for me.

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I've been using Doctors Best Multiple ... multivitamin & multimineral complex with 400mcg methylfolate per 3 tablets. I current take 2. One with breakfast, one with lunch. High quality fornula & ratios, good value.

Last edited:

ahmo

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...fs-and-minus-100-pounds.25788/page-2#post-403
Freddd: I am taking no extra B1, B2 or b3, just the amount in the low dose b-complex mentioned before; 10-20mg or so each per day in 2 doses. All three increased the amount of potassium and folate needed and reduced actually healing till at the end I couldn’t take enough of either and healing was going backwards. I am remaining quite stable now at about 1500mg of potassium and 4-6mg of Metafolin. I have thickening of my nails again at some point some months ago when I discontinued the extras, my actual cell formation increased. The requirements for 3000+mg of potassium and 20+mg of Metafolin came down in a few days after I discontinued the extra bs. ....I suggest that a low dose b-complex without folic acid and without CyCbl, E, C, A, D.........NatureMade B-complex with C, List # 1338. This has 15mg of thiamin,10.2mg of Riboflavin and 50mg of Niacin, 5mg b-6 and 10mg pantothenic acid.

I've settled on another, below. It's a 25mg B comp., I split the caps, take 1/2 AM/midday.
https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-activated-b-complex-high-bioavailability-60-veg-caps