• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best Magnesium Form for Mast Cell Activation

Prefect

Until this morning I didn't even know what Mast cell Activation is. I've always sort of suspected I have CFS/ME, but doubted it too, because I can exercise. My story if you're curious and less brain fogged today.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/my-story-i-can-exercise-so-what-is-it.48539/

Morning brain fog and stupor is one of my biggest problems.

Last couple of days I've had something strange happen to me.

I normally take my magnesium supplement at night. Last couple of mornings I took my magnesium just before I get up in the morning (say 5:30 am-ish when I ALWAYS wake up for no reason and stay awake for an hour), go back to sleep, and I wake up in the morning and feel like a million bucks.

3-4 hours later I'm at work, suddenly feel like someone is tugging at my nose, it dries up and inflames, my eyes get dry, I get dizzy and mental fogged. My IQ drops by a 100. Sort of how I feel in the mornings when I get up. I sit down, have a coffee and after lunch I feel better.

The magnesium did something. If it's a cytokine activation related thing, what is the best magnesium form I take to maximize this effect? I take Magnesium L-Threonate for cognition, which is better for crossing blood brain barrier, and comes at lower doses. Which might be why it poops out by 11:30 am.

Is there a better mag compound to stabilize mast cell/histamine reactions?

ahmo

For a time I thought mag malate was the best form for me, but that was more about processing sulfur/ammonia. I now use mag glycinate. I have no idea if it helps w/ mast cell issues. Royal jelly and mangosteen have both helped me with mast cell probs. good luck.