International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best Form of Potassium

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by gracee41, Nov 10, 2014.

1. gracee41

gracee41 Senior Member

Is there one form of potassium that is better than another for methylfolate-induced potassium deficiency?

2. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

I recently switched from potassium citrate to potassium gluconate and I'm liking it. I also switched from capsules to bulk powder and started putting it in my water so I get a continuous amount throughout the day which seems to help for some reason.

3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I've found gluconate powder most versatile. I generally take mine by footbaths, except when I need extra, and then by mouth.

4. gracee41

gracee41 Senior Member

I may need to try that. I had been taking an amino acid potassium capsule but as I wrote in one of my posts, it made my heart palpitate. It's almost like it was too much too quickly even when I took one 99mg cap. I will be adding methylfolate soon to my regimen and was trying to be prepared.

5. Sinclair

Sinclair Senior Member

I use 20ml potassium sulfate in warm baths. It was prescribed by an antroposophic M.D. Discrete success so far.

6. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    I used to use potassium chloride but I swear it was pretty harsh on my stomach, burns like HELL if you accidently get the powder on your lips or in your mouth. Unless its super diluted I can't imagine that being good for your stomach. I use a powder potassium gluconate now and it works perfectly well.

Changexpert and Little Bluestem like this.
  7. gracee41

gracee41 Senior Member

Appears a lot of folks use the gluconate. I will give that a try and hopefully fare better than I did with the capsules. Thanks for the feedback!

See more popular forum discussions.