• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best Form of Potassium

gracee41

Is there one form of potassium that is better than another for methylfolate-induced potassium deficiency?

halcyon

I recently switched from potassium citrate to potassium gluconate and I'm liking it. I also switched from capsules to bulk powder and started putting it in my water so I get a continuous amount throughout the day which seems to help for some reason.

gracee41

I may need to try that. I had been taking an amino acid potassium capsule but as I wrote in one of my posts, it made my heart palpitate. It's almost like it was too much too quickly even when I took one 99mg cap. I will be adding methylfolate soon to my regimen and was trying to be prepared.

Sinclair

I use 20ml potassium sulfate in warm baths. It was prescribed by an antroposophic M.D. Discrete success so far.

Martial

I used to use potassium chloride but I swear it was pretty harsh on my stomach, burns like HELL if you accidently get the powder on your lips or in your mouth. Unless its super diluted I can't imagine that being good for your stomach. I use a powder potassium gluconate now and it works perfectly well.

gracee41

Appears a lot of folks use the gluconate. I will give that a try and hopefully fare better than I did with the capsules. Thanks for the feedback!