• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best food to take with Valcyte?

PearlGirl26

Living with CFS for years, recently diagnosed.
I've been experimenting with different foods to eat when taking valcyte. I assumed something with high Omegas such as avocado or a hard boiled egg would do the trick, but they seem to give me stomach trouble. Does anyone have advice on this? I'm so nauseous right now, ugh.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
What I would eat with valcyte would be ampligen,augmentin, ddoxycycline, xyrem with bacon and a pepsi max. Lol.

After my comical start anything with fat helps absorption. Maybe try both just before and just after eating. Hopefully one is better than the other for nausea. Or maybe take ginger tablets prior could help with nausea??

PearlGirl26

Living with CFS for years, recently diagnosed.
Thanks for the suggestion. I called Roche and it was like talking to a legally bound robot. The pharmacist there wouldn't say if it was better to take it with a high fat food, only that it was absorbed at an increased rate. She also seemed completely unaware people were taking it for CFS. I told her there were entire blogs devoted to it and she seemed mildly intrigued p-h-o-e-n-i-x-r-i-s-i-n-g-dot-m-e...

My doc said it was okay if I switched to taking both doses with my morning smoothie that includes cacao nibs and avocado. Seems to be much easier on my stomach then and sleep overall. The downside is that I'm a lot more flu-like during the day. Beats nightime myofacial/teeth pain though.