• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best Fish Oils

Googsta

Doing Well
I have been taking the Natures Way brand 2000mg x 2 for 6 months with no noticeable differance.

I have seen a lot of rave reviews of the Nordic Naturals products but they are quite pricey, anyone tried them?

Does it really matter which Fish Oils you take?

*GG*

I don't think Nordic Naturals is that much more in cost, since I think it is higher quality than lots of capsules, therefore you would not need to take as much.

GG

Googsta

Doing Well
I agree they look like an excellent brand, but how are they better than the cheaper versions?

Has anyone tried cheaper versus more expensive? Was there a substantial differance?

nanonug

Does it really matter which Fish Oils you take?

I take Life Extension's Super Omega-3 for one simple reason: avoid lipid peroxidation. Here's the blurb on their website:

"The unstable nature of fatty acids like fish oil limits their biological efficacy in the body. Scientific studies show that when sesame lignans are supplemented with fish oil, the beneficial effects are augmented.[40] Sesame lignans help guard against lipid peroxidation, thereby extending the stability of DHA in the body. These lignans also direct fatty acids toward pathways which can help with inflammatory reactions. Super Omega-3 provides standardized sesame lignans to enhance the overall benefits of the improved EPA/DHA fish oil blend."

Mij

Yes, Life Extension Super Omega 3 was tested by Consumer Lab and reported that it was very high quality. This is the one I take now.

I took Nordic Naturals for years but there is no such thing as "pharmaceutical grade". Don't know if it's a good or not though.