• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best Doc to see?

Sushi---so glad I stumbled onto this thread. I'm feel even more motivated to find an expert doc, and perhaps travel to find a really good one who is actively engaged in research, etc., if there isn't one in my area.

There's also a lot of talk it seems that the right doc to see depends a) on your symptoms and b) if you want to try medication, the specific viruses/infections you have (which may or may not be possible to test through your local doctor (?))

In terms of symptoms, do you mean that there are some docs who focus on PENE+primarily gastro issues, other on PENE+neuro issues?

I, for example, have had a lot of problems with migraines (which I've never had before in my life) when I crash and weird neuro issues like extreme sound sensitivity, aphasia, agraphia, right-side numbness, and extreme (non-headache-y) pain where I actually feel like my brain is swollen, inflamed, and literally burns if I move my head or walk or change positions in bed. Does that presentation imply a specific doctor recommendation?