• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best Biofilm Busters?

junkcrap50

Sorry I did not reply to your post previously but it slipped my mind. Basically I forgot.

Yes they do, they can make a big difference. A multifaceted approach is needed for best effect using QSI, EPI, enzymes and antimicrobials. There can be a considerable amount of microorganisms, they outnumber you by a very large margin and they do not get tired. There will always be a very large number which are at work following those chemical messenges. Stopping their commincation helps considerably, therefore their chemical messages are a key part to beating them. Quorum Sensing encompasses many different processes that microorganisms carry out by signalling. A specific number of organisms inside a biofilm will cause them to release one chemical message to leave the biofilm and spread to other areas. Another will make them strengthen the biofilm. Quorum sensing controls virulence and probably other lesser things which I am not aware ATM. Therefore you should begin to understand that blocking this communication can prevent them from doing unwanted things.

Even with this they can take some beating. Persister cells if not destroyed can rebuild the colony and biofilm. Those can be very difficult to destroy. My most successful attempt so far against the CFS microorganisms produced a strong discomfort which was fairly close in intensity to the one where I did destroy a large portion of another biofilm. I use that as a guide. That one did heal but not yet back to how it would of been before the infection. Unfortunately I could not of destroyed the persister cells so their biofilm colony was reformed.

Do the QSI's work systemically or locally? Could you add them to a nasal spray or nasal rinse? I'm most interested in biofilms in my nose and nasal passageways to fight a fungal colonization.

Also, what are EPI's?

Bumping this thread - I have some bacterial/parasitic infections that I want to treat, and I want to make sure my anti-microbials I'm taking are most effective by first working to eradicate any biofilm.

I read through the thread and I'm still uncertain as to what a good supplement would be to function as a quorum sensing inhibitor?

Would taking Biofilm Defense + Biocidin + NAC + Vitamin C function as a good biofilm disruptor combination? I'm also intrigued by the Para1 supplement that someone in this thread mentioned, and I'm inclined to try that too.

My thought would be to take those about 30 minutes before taking anti-parasitic/microbial treatments like GI Microb X etc.

Appreciate any feedback!