• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best antibiotic if needed for people with candida history

My 18 yr old daughter has CFS and also has been fighting candida. We finally got the candida under control, but now she has to have 2 wisdom teeth out (They are causing pain and moving). The periodontist understands that an antibiotic would be bad for the candida but wants her to have a backup antiobiotic just in case. Can anyone recommend an antibiotic that would be the least harmful with regard to causing candida to come back if she had to go on an antibiotic? Thanks!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
My 18 yr old daughter has CFS and also has been fighting candida. We finally got the candida under control, but now she has to have 2 wisdom teeth out (They are causing pain and moving). The periodontist understands that an antibiotic would be bad for the candida but wants her to have a backup antiobiotic just in case. Can anyone recommend an antibiotic that would be the least harmful with regard to causing candida to come back if she had to go on an antibiotic? Thanks!

Hi,

I have faced this too. Unfortunately I think the dentist needs to choose the best antibiotic for that particular purpose. Pretty much all of them are likely to affect candida so if I have to take an abx I'll follow it with extra candida control. I actually take an anti-candida supplement daily anyway as once you have had a big bout with it, it seems to require some level of maintenance. I also take a strong probiotic after finishing a course of abx.

Best,
Sushi

Ema

I agree with Sushi. Also people may have different yeast strains and so would be affected differently depending on your own intestinal flora. I would just make sure to take a good probiotic as far away as possible from the antibiotic.

Ema

ukxmrv

Hope the operation goes well. I had a terrible reaction to the anaesthetic used when I had my own wisdom teeth out so please get some info on CFS and anaesthetic to them before the op.

You have probably thought of this already. Just wanted to mention it.

The infection I got was very bad as well. Tried gargling with tea-tree but it still developed and I needed AB's. For me an infection knocks me out more than the subsequent candida. Probiotics don't work for me any longer so you may need to stock up on what was treating her candida again. Ketaconazole lozenges were enough for me but I don't think that these are made any longer.

Good luck.

uxmrv-My daughter is really sensitive to most supplements and medicines so Im concerned about the anesthesia. What kind of terrible reaction did you have and what can I do about it just in case?
Also, the periodontist gave her peridex mouth rinse which she will rinse with twice a day after the teeth are taken out to prevent infection. I will discuss with her doctor so we will have a back up antibiotic. I will keep in mind to take a probiotic if she has to take the antibiotic.
Sushi-If you don't mind, what kind of anti-candida supplement do you take? Thx!

I found out that they will be using vbrsed (benzodiazopine) and epinephfrin for anesthesia. Muscle relaxants and histamine releasers are supposed to be bad for CFS. I don't know what class these are. Anyone have experience with these?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I found out that they will be using vbrsed (benzodiazopine) and epinephfrin for anesthesia. Muscle relaxants and histamine releasers are supposed to be bad for CFS. I don't know what class these are. Anyone have experience with these?

What out for any epinephrine based anesthesia--carbocaine is safer for ME, dysautonomic patients. Most dental anesthetics have epinephrine in them but most dentists will give you carbocaine if you ask for it--they just have to inject it more often as it is doesn't last as long. I also react very badly to epinephrine. It is even in the drops they use to dilate your eyes for exams.

For candida maintenance I take caprylic acid every day. There are other things that work too, but that has been good for me.

Best,
Sushi

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have used alot of antibiotics and think that sacchromyce bouldarri supps have helped me avoid candida issues. This supp was recommended by my doc, also good for other gut/gi issues too.