• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Belgian prescription - UK Pharmacy?

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
I think it is the only brand available and "strong" enough in Belgium...
It is painful because it is a little bit "oily" (the consistence).
Maybe you can ask KDM if an american brand (Sushi's one) is also good, but before, be sure you can order it! ;)
I see KDM the 3 june. If you have the name of an american brand, I can ask him.
BTW, If you (snowathlete) see that it is too painful, you can ask KDM some Xylocaïne (on prescription) and buy it in England...
B12 with xylocaine is better than without. But I had my shots during one year without and I am still alive! :D

20 km of brussel today! I am going to do it in front of my TV! :whistle:

Have a nice day, hope the weather is good in UK and USA, because here, it is a nightmare...

Clodomir

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Clodomir snowathlete

I think those of us in the States who inject Hydrox get it from a compounding pharmacy. I have been getting it from http://www.mcguffpharmacy.com/

Another well known one is http://www.wellnesshealth.com/ . The second one told me on the phone that they would fill prescriptions from Europe. So it is not a brand (as it is not made by a pharmaceutical company) but by a compounding pharmacy. Each pharmacy will supply Hydrox in a variety of concentrations and either with or without preservatives.

Sushi

P.S. Great weather here today! Wish I could share it.

Vojta

I injected myself hydroxy from Belgium like for two years and it didn't hurt so much. I have xylocain at home but didn't use it. However I'm doing methyl sublingualy now.

I source all medications from pharmacy in Brussels before I leave. I didn't even try to fill my prescription here in the Czech Republic. But I read some regulation that it should be possible to do that. So maybe I'm going to try next time. Problem is that some drugs aren't on the market here (eg. minocyclin).
Also when I checked prices I found out that some medication (eg. valaciclovir) is more expansive here in CZ (full price) than in Belgium.

As for other supplements which KDM prescribes. I think the e-shop kalidashop.com is overpriced. I buy supplements from UK shops now.

Another tip:
If the injection hurts, even with xylo, warm the hydroxo up to bodytemperature. I just put it in a cup of hot water for 10 min. (wouldn't recommand microwave ;-) ) Makes a lot of difference to me.

If there would be any doubt; the hydroxo 10 mg is twice a week for ... well kinda forever. I personally have enough with 1 a week, the effect only wears of after about 9 days. It's mainly prescribed as a NO scavenger.