• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Beginner, needs Help with my 23andme & genetic genie results

Hi everyone,

I'm new with all this methylation stuff. CFS person, did methylation lab that proved me that my methylation is in a horrible state. Lot of gut issues, brainfog, energy issues etc., the full monty really. I'm for now focusing on methylation rather than gut issues.

However, after PeterPositive post, I figured I might not actually really understand my results, or that I rely on my heartfixer knowledge too much?

Anyways, I deciced that perhaps I should let the pro's have a look at my Genetic Genie methylation profile. My detox profile is mostly clear to me, I don't really need help on that ... at least for starters, I don't want to shove all my troubles in one go to you guys and gals.

COMT V158M AG +/-
COMT H62H CT +/-

COMT (61) P199P GG -/-
VDR Bsm CT +/-
VDR Taq AG +/-
MAO A R297R T +/+

ACAT1-02 GG -/-
MTHFR C677T GG -/-
MTHFR 03 P39P GG -/-
MTHFR A1298C GT +/-
MTR A2756G AA -/-
MTRR A66G AG +/-
MTRR H595Y CC -/-
MTRR K350A AA -/-
MTRR R415T CC -/-
MTRR A664A GG -/-
BHMT-02 CC -/-
BHMT-04 AA -/-
BHMT-08 CC -/-
AHCY-01 TT -/-
AHCY-02 AA -/-
AHCY-19 TT -/-
CBS C699T AG +/-
CBS A360A AG +/-

CBS N212N GG -/-
SHMT1 C1420T GG -/-

Doesn't look that bad, right? But my methyl panel and symptoms say otherwise, I've crashed really badly.

FWIW, after studying hearfixer, this is my take on my genes and thus what to supply:
*COMT slow types, I can easily OD on methyl groups if i'm not careful.
*I'd like lots of metafolin, some MB12, should prefer HB12 and/or AB12 due to lotsa methyls.
*CBS is very unregulated so I'm unsure if I should take P5P but it's a good idea to drive BHMT with TMG to drain homocyst... if I can tolerate methyls, that is.
*I should forget neurotransmitters altogether as I'm both slow on making AND degrading them (COMT mutations)... but those pesky methyls.
*Anyways, I pretty much have to keep taking my Vit D.

Tell me what you think of this, what does the pro's say? Did I get any right? I appriciate ANY help and IMO's you give.

@gefinauser - CBT C699T has very little impact, and even less so when +/-. A360A has no impact. They aren't causing any problems with the gene.
:jaw-drop: ... Seriously??? So at least according to G.G. I have no CBS problems at all? Wow. :wide-eyed: Thanks Valentijn! That REALLY changes everything...

Unless... if there is some other testing I should run?
I do know from Detox profile that I do have mutations there and elsewhere, but I'm wondering if the Genetic Genie is lacking especially in the METHYLATION area? is there some larger programs that do a "better job" or "different job" than Genetic Genie?

Any ideas, @Valentijn ? (sorry, I don't know if just replying to your answer or quoting alarms you) (also LOL at the Terry Pratchett quote in your signature... god bless his soul.)

I do can read other people's topics and musing on different specific NPS'es. I do have Promotheus and 23andme access.