• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Be Thou My Vision

liverock

The words of this traditional Irish melody always remind me that if I am ever to get out of this disease its going to be with a lot of help from the Lord, and as the Bible says " Without a vision the people Perish," I think its important to have a vision of what what we are going to do once we get well.

I remember once reading about the POW's of the last war saying how important it was to always keep reminding themselves and each other what they were going to do once they where released, even though they never knew if they would ever be released.

[video=youtube;YUx7LZ2yFIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUx7LZ2yFIg[/video]

Mr. Cat

I think you speak to having hope, Liverock. When the CFS is very intense for me, I forget that I have a vision, because I am so caught up in present suffering. Sometimes I feel foolish and naive to have a vision of a better future, as I am very realistic about what this disease is and has been for me, but when I allow myself to, it would be something like: I will someday be able to reconnect with spiritual/psychological growth practices that I had to put on hold when the brainfog disrupted my mind too much to continue them, and renew the dance and movement practices that had brought me so much joy and insight before I had to stop them too. I also have a vision of being able to socialize and engage in the world to the extent I desire, without being hindered by low energy.

What is your vision, Liverock?

Nielk

I think you speak to having hope, Liverock. When the CFS is very intense for me, I forget that I have a vision, because I am so caught up in present suffering. Sometimes I feel foolish and naive to have a vision of a better future, as I am very realistic about what this disease is and has been for me, but when I allow myself to, it would be something like: I will someday be able to reconnect with spiritual/psychological growth practices that I had to put on hold when the brainfog disrupted my mind too much to continue them, and renew the dance and movement practices that had brought me so much joy and insight before I had to stop them too. I also have a vision of being able to socialize and engage in the world to the extent I desire, without being hindered by low energy.

I like your vision, Mr. Cat and may you achieve it soon!

liverock

Small things to begin with.

To be able to take a mile long walk and not have to worry about whether I'm going to have to pay for it with a crash lasting a week or more.

To be able to go on holiday -I cant remember the last time I did go on holiday.

To be able to talk to people standing up without having to sit down after a couple of minutes.

To be able to go to the supermarket and not have to use the shopping trolley as support (otherwise I couldnt make it round the store).

To be able to go to my doctor and not have the feeling that whatever I say he thinks I'm a hypchondriac.

To have a clear mind and memory and not have to write everything down because otherwise I will forget it.

To be free of the feeling that people dont really believe your ill because you dont look ill.

.......and most of all to feel that I can be an active, useful human being again and hopefully not as judgemental of others as I used to be before I became ill.