• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BBC Radio 4: Children with ME

Ash

aka @smashman42 'SortaDerpy' on Twitter
Makes you wonder if the BBC do fully run with this, then one programme could maybe comprise a rerun of the 1999 Panorama programme, together with what happened and how the programme was castigated and who by. And why the BBC has been unable to set the record straight until now.

That would be bloody amazing!

I think given the context that the reporter in question has been burnt by the powers that be in the past on this topic, it makes perfect sense that this time he is playing a more conservative game with the recent radio show, so that a repeat of the attacks on the Panorama program won't be possible this time.

It sucks that he didn't go as hard and fast as we might like, but he's put something out there the BPS crowd can't easily attack, and with all the interviews he did this might only be the first piece of many? (For instance, he might be involved either directly or behind the scenes on the TV program Charles Shepherd mentioned several pages ago, or have other ideas for radio shows with a different angle on the clusterfudge that is (almost) everything related to ME)

Barry53

That would be bloody amazing!

I think given the context that the reporter in question has been burnt by the powers that be in the past on this topic, it makes perfect sense that this time he is playing a more conservative game with the recent radio show, so that a repeat of the attacks on the Panorama program won't be possible this time.

It sucks that he didn't go as hard and fast as we might like, but he's put something out there the BPS crowd can't easily attack, and with all the interviews he did this might only be the first piece of many? (For instance, he might be involved either directly or behind the scenes on the TV program Charles Shepherd mentioned several pages ago, or have other ideas for radio shows with a different angle on the clusterfudge that is (almost) everything related to ME)
My thoughts exactly. And this time around social media, together with some fantastic advocates including David Tuller and many eminent scientists around the world, similar attempts to suppress and smear such BBC programmes will far more likely backfire on them big time. What goes around comes around.

MEMum

File on 4 is repeated tomorrow, Sunday at 5pm. I know it's available on i-player, but it could be a good opportunity to suggest it to certain friends.
Hopefully this is just the beginning of more accurate or fairer media coverage.
(Yes I know many members view it differently..)