• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bad news: BWG Results are negative!!

Daffodil

so...the BWG checked for the lo/alter MLV-related viruses too, right? so they dont exist either? so it cannot be some sort of MLV we have then either?

Daffodil

Mikovits says she just got a federal grant to continue her work on XMRV. Clearly things arent over or they wouldnt be awarding grants for people like us to study this virus and understand those questions, she says.

Joopiter76

The point is. If you have HIV and not already AIDS you take ARVs and they`ll probably work a long long time untill you get AIDS. Probably you will never get AIDS. But if you didnt take ARVs and you get AIDS youve got a problem because they then wont work that good anymore because with AIDS it is some other infections that will finally kill you it is not HIV (althouh it leads to that situation) so if there are several infections Herpes, RNA viruses, bacteria and so on and you only treat the Retrovirus you might never get better. I guess those people who significantly improved at the WPI didnt just take ARVs alone.
Annette Whittemore told in her interview at Nevada news that "Andrea is doing well" and it took about a year for the Treatment to work.

I dont think it is good to force a silence of the immune system if there might be an or several infections as Levy suggest. This is not the key but it is typical for school medicine not to tear out the root but to scrach just the surface.

HowToEscape?

How's that bad news?

I'd really rather not have XMRV or any other retrovirus. While I do want science to get some idea about what's wrong with us I'd rather it not find and validate an aetiology that turns out to be wrong.

We do need some generally accepted test to determine that we have something other than "you must be another lazy loser nut case" disease. Hanging onto a hollow peg as xmrv now appears to be does harm, not good.