• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

bactrim vs bactrim DS

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I understand the ds version is double strength but is it also slow release or not. As I understand ds version is taken twice a day where the normal version is suppose to be taken 2 to 3 times a day.

The normal version is just so much cheaper than ds. It's a lot more economical to take 2 normal tabs twice a day compared to the ds version if it's just a matter of total dose with no slow release effects.

I have Googled around and can't seem to find an answer. Appreciate any info.

Cheers! !!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I found this:

http://antibiotics.emedtv.com/bactrim/bactrim-vs.-bactrim-ds.html

Some people may wonder what the difference is between Bactrim DS vs. Bactrim. The "DS" stands for "double strength." Bactrim DS contains exactly twice as much of the active ingredients as regular Bactrim. There are no other important differences between the two products; taking two regular Bactrim tablets is the same as taking one Bactrim DS tablet.