New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bacteria lurking in blood could be culprit in countless diseases

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Sep 9, 2016.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...blood-could-be-culprit-in-countless-diseases/

Art Vandelay, rosie26, justy and 4 others like this.
  2. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

my friend developed reactive arthirtis 30 yrs ago after an unprotected sexual encounter. when tests for STD's turned up negative, the only treatment offered him was antiinflammatories. i begged him countless times to get on antibiotic therapy and sent him research papers, but he refused. last year, he developed a large blood clot in the same leg as the arthritis. now, he is always in pain, has to take blood thinners, get CT scans, and wear stockings.

natasa778 likes this.
  3. msf

msf Senior Member

Perhaps this is how the prions that KDM has talked about are generated.

Daffodil likes this.
  4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I am unclear that KDM has demonstrated prions. What he demonstrated is misfolded proteins. Most misfolded proteins are not prions. Misfolding can occur by damage, by defective cellular mechanisms, and by glutathione depletion, amongst other things. I have an hypothesis that some of the aconitase in ME patients, and this is a mitchondrial enzyme, is not properly folded. There are many candidate proteins however.

MEMum, ScottTriGuy and Daffodil like this.
  5. msf

msf Senior Member

You´re right, I should have been more careful with terms I was using, as they were in the article.

6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

This could also explain the number of early heart attacks in ME/CFS.

See more popular forum discussions.