• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

b12 shot even if not deficient?

Freddd

I spoke to Jarrow and asked why they don't carry sublingual and they said some of it is released through the oral mucosa and others in gut but that their research doesn't substantiate that sublingual does much good. I'll try this one and if it doesn't help I will try a liquid or under the tongue wafer.

I did many series of comparing sublingual with injections and verified the degree of absorption by urine colorimetry and effectiveness. We did that first set of tests with 5 people, who all had the same results by brands. Jarrow doesn't make the cut any more. That was so sad. I was depending on them and they stopped working for me as well as other people at the same time. Whatever they tell you about their thing is really quite irrelevant to our tests. They can't give sublingual instructions without an expensive set of tests proving it works. Some brands had to change their packaging to get rid of "sublingual"

The quick dissolve wafers are pretty worthless. It takes 2 hours to get to 25-33% with a tablet. The liquid doesn't last 5 minutes and some of the quick dissolve pills/wafers are about the same. A pill; that is swallowed or chewed and swallowed absorbs 1-2%.

Some of us have performed 11 years of trials and tests finding the best brands we could. If you are really intent on finding it on your own and you want to actually heal, order ten brands at a time and do systematic testing holding the pills in place for 45-120 minutes. Then you will maybe find a very active brand of MeCbl in the first 40 brands you test. I would suggest generally zero results with liquids and fast dissolve wafers or dots or whatever. You would be much better off with injections than any haphazard method and brand, assuming that you actually need b12. Have you checkout out your symptoms compared to the lists of symptoms by nutrients? Good luck.

Mij

@Freddd have you tested the B12 patches at all? They are more expensive and you put them behind your ear, for some reason. thx

Freddd

@Freddd have you tested the B12 patches at all? They are more expensive and you put them behind your ear, for some reason. thx

Hi MJ,

Back when I was sufficiently sensitive to MeCbl (lots of unhealed symptoms to watch) the only patches available were CyCbl. Later, and for the last 5 years I've been on 30mg of injection a day. There are no patches that can supply that.

Testing really needs to be done by those with symptoms that can respond in minutes to hours. It takes me weeks to months to be able to notice most differences in those symptoms I have remaining. I think it would be very nice to have something so easy. I would love to have something like that which worked.

Mij

@Freddd I must have missed your prior threads. I was under the impression months ago that you were taking the sub-linguals? Have you now switched back to the shots?

These partcular patches are MB12, it includes folic acid. It slow release. I wonder if someone could stick on the whole box all at once for a month? I don't have symptoms but I do get deficient so I don't know if I would know the difference.

http://www.trulyorganicfoods.com/living-nutritionals-vitamin-b12-patch.php

whodathunkit

My mB12 injections have done me a world of good. I hope to stay on them everyday, for whatever days I have left in my life. Sublinguals never gave me the same effect as injection.

Freddd

@Freddd I must have missed your prior threads. I was under the impression months ago that you were taking the sub-linguals? Have you now switched back to the shots?

These partcular patches are MB12, it includes folic acid. It slow release. I wonder if someone could stick on the whole box all at once for a month? I don't have symptoms but I do get deficient so I don't know if I would know the difference.

http://www.trulyorganicfoods.com/living-nutritionals-vitamin-b12-patch.php

Hi Mij,

I was taking sublingual for about 2 years. I also had a year on the Jarrow and ENZY before Jarrow bombed out. Then in Feb I think it was I started the Country Life 5mg Methyl B12 for a long term trial. I needed to see if I could get enough absorption from 40-50mg per dose 3 times a day to replace injections. It didn't absorb well enough so I can't even rate it for effectiveness as it never got absorbed adequately on a regular basis. I couldn't spend 9 hours/day making sure of it either. I'm back to injections out of shear necessity. Folic acid is bad news for many of us including me. It would block the methylfolate (paradoxical folate deficiency of a specific type) and cause rapid excretion of the MeCbl. I would need a whole box 3 times every day or something like that.

Freddd

My mB12 injections have done me a world of good. I hope to stay on them everyday, for whatever days I have left in my life. Sublinguals never gave me the same effect as injection.

Looks like I'm in the same boat. Three injections of 10mg daily for life. If we don't manage to get this need for MeCbl specifically and AdoCbl and l-methylfolate specifically recognized, as soon as we are not in control of our own situations they will switch to monthly CyCbl and folic acid to save money, sure that is all we really need anyway. This is my bonus life. CyCbl and folic acid will change it back to Life in Hell.

whodathunkit

@Freddd: I know. I'm a little scared, too. Scared enough to make me mad. But nobody really wants that to happen. ;)

So are we being active, following up with our elected representatives, getting involved with organizations who counter this kind of stuff (when we can)?

Freddd

@Freddd: I know. I'm a little scared, too. Scared enough to make me mad. But nobody really wants that to happen. ;)

So are we being active, following up with our elected representatives, getting involved with organizations who counter this kind of stuff (when we can)?

Hi Whodathunkit,

I'm a liberal Democrat, an endangered species here in Utah. However, Senator Orin Hatch is our number one protector of freedom of supplements and he is going to retire. He can't possibly run more than one more time. We need other senators and reps who are 100% against adopting Codex Alimentarius to "bring our rules more in line with international blah blah blah...". While out supplements ought to be pure and unadulterated and contain what is stated, we don't need a rule that would lock up virtually all supplements as prescriptions, especially the effective natural kinds and keep it to "needed" levels like 25mcg per tablet.

My best suggestion to post those things that are very effective for naked eye healing of CFS/FMS/ME on 10 different sites and discussions a day by each of hundreds of people and pointing back to (link if permitted) something that explains what you were saying in greater detail. We need to change "what EVERYBODY KNOWS". It makes little difference to a doc if one or two people want daily MeCbl injections. However if 10 people a week are asking for it, they notice, especially if it works. There is a "box" (in the box thinking) with walls 60 years thick of research and medicine focused on CyCbl/HyCbl and folic acid. That makes all of us that need MeCbl, AdoCbl and/or L-methylfolate to be deluded. I've been called that by docs when I insisted it was MeCbl and AdoCbl I lacked and that CyCbl just wasn't the same thing. I got kicked out of practices for insisting on that. I finally had one doc who was willing to prescribe injections on the basis of the "back from the dead" changes I had occurring with sublinguals and he saw them with no doubt about what he was seeing.

whodathunkit

I know. I hated to hear that Orrin was retiring. I don't agree with him on everything but he's been a worthy defender of our right to choose our supplements.

So maybe we could start a campaign? I don't have a whole lot of time (takes up about all my time and energy just to get myself to work and keep my house from completely falling into disrepair) but could contribute. And there might be a lot of people who would be willing to help.