• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12/Folate Ratios

Hi,

I have had incredible success with following Freddd's methylation protocol in only a matter of weeks. I decided to go big or go home and manage my symptoms as they arose. I've taken up to 16 mg mfolate and 20 mg mb12/ab12. I've found that I feel dramatically better on days when I take more mfolate than mb12/ab12. I've read many conflicting opinions on the dangers of taking more folate than B12 including arguments by Freddd saying this shouldn't matter as long as you have adequate B12 in your system. Comments?

ahmo

16mg:20mg is a reasonable ratio. It's really really individualistic how we respond. We have the good fortune of the path Fred has forged. From there, we each have to monitor symptoms and progress. Sounds like it's working for you. Congrats.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the response. I can't believe how much better I feel. Now it's time to titrate and adjust.