• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 deficiency

Hello,

I'm 29 years old male, suffering from B12 deficiency.
I don't suffer from ME/CFS, though I do have symptoms of fatigue, lack of energy, no energy to exercise.
Three years ago I had been through a stressful two years in the university, which ended up in a burnout.
Since then I have recuperated somewhat, but not 100%.

Lately I caught the flu, and few weeks after it, I'm still feeling not well, so I went to do a blood test.
My vitamin b12 level is 284ng/ml, folate - about 10ng/ml. (I know serum level isn't accurate to determine deficiency).
Doctor prescribed 1000mcg B12, I have been taking it for the past 4 days (cobalamin by solgar, I placed an order for Jarrow methylcobalamin 1000mcg), I feel increase in appetite, and a little bit tingling in my lower leg muscle, my mood seems to be better. Moreover, my lower leg muscles are stiff most of the time, and since supplementing with B12 it seems they became stiffer.
I also experience energy swings.

I ran into this great forum through a random search, started to read and explore it, and I got lost with all the information.
Can someone please tell me if B12 supplement is enough for my situation? should I take a B-Complex?

Thanks you very much!
Alon