• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B vitamin without methyl groups

Hello,
I'm interested in a good B vitamin, and I frequently see Jarrow's B-Right mentioned, but it has methyl groups, which cause me problems. Wondering if there is another recommendation.

Mike

amaru7

Did you even try it out? Jarrow's B-Complex has low dose methyl-donors in it, so I guess it shouldnt be too bad. I also have a COMT mutation which makes methylation cycle issues and I cannot tolerate methyl-donors (MethylB12,SAMe, 5MTHF) aswell, but I usually am able to take a B-Complex. Hope that may help you out

No I haven't tried it, but I was just concerned that I would have to monitor the response, and I've already got a bunch of supplements I'm trying to introduce slowly. It will take me months to introduce and monitor all these supplements and I just didn't want to add one more that I would have to be careful with. But I guess it probably wouldn't be a problem. Still, if there is another B complex that is just as good, I want to consider it.

Leopardtail

Mike,

if you don't have major issues with 'Methylated' vitamins. Jigsaw produce a very well balanced mixture of Methylated and Phosphorylated B-Vitamins.

What list of supplements are you taking?

Leo