• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B-Complex without Folic Acid

Athene*

Many thanks, @Freddd I've had to edit this reply just now as I got myself confused about milligrams and millilitres for the nasal spray mix. And yes, I'm keeping track of mineral insufficiencies etc reasonably well so far I think. I refer to your posts frequently and they are a life saver.

About preparing the nasal spray. Can I ask:

If I use this 'pure methylcobalamin' powder from the UK would it work at all? Currently I mix it with sterile saline 10 ml for injection. It's a trusted lab. I have no idea what size the crystals in the powder are because I mix it in the dark then foil wrap it.

It comes in bottles of 20mg or 40mg. Currently I use the 40mg for injecting. When 40 mg is mixed with 10ml sterile saline as the lab instructs, it gives twenty 2mg or ten 4mg per 1ml injections (I use two 4mg injections one immediately after the other to try for a CNS dose, but can only afford to do that twice per day and not for long more).

You can see this is max strength of 4mg per ml whereas your spray mix is 10mg/ml.

This is the max strength I can get in the UK. Is it worth trying as a spray? Do you use a particular kind of Meb12 for yours? (hoping to find something that will work if the one above is too weak, or something more affordable).

Can you say which kind of 'metred sprayer' you use?

Sorry for asking you to walk me through this but I want to do it accurately.

You mention TCN transporters. My genome shows I have faulty TCN transporters among other crucial B12 & folate SNPs. I still have a lot of tinnitus at 8mg injected subcutaneously twice daily for the past 9 months, and the hearing loss in one ear (happened suddenly in 2014) persists, plus disrupted circadian rhythm & my word finding goes for a while if I crash after exercise. So I want to try more B12 for CNS. I really hope your nasal route experiment proves successful!

Thanks again for everything.

Last edited: