• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B Complex- Looking for 'the one'

Tiger Lily 813

Hi there, I'm trying to find a low-dose B complex to cover all bases:
-without folate/folic acid (I naturally have a bit too much of it)
-if it has B12, it can't be cyanocobalamin (methylcobalamin is ok)
-also looking for the appropriate ratios of vitamins...although, I'm not even sure what those are? Please share if you have info on what the proper balance ought to be :)

The Freeda No Folic B complex would be good if the B12 wasn't the cyanocobalamin form, and the B Minus complex by Seeking Health would be great, but I don't really understand the ratio of the different vitamins in it...

Please let me know if you've researched about the right dosages for B vitamins, or if you've found such a complex that meets this criteria! I'm only planning on taking it a few times/week, but I'd like to avoid buying/taking each vitamin individually.

Much appreciated!

Runner5

Been taking Spirulina, Nutritional Yeast and Desicated Grass Fed Cow Liver for my B12 and some of my B's -- yeah it's weird. I don't know if it really works -- maybe I'm doing "faith based vitamin therapy" haha

I haven't had my vitamins tested in awhile, still paying off my last blood work. Gah!

Victronix

Thanks for posting and mentioning B Minus -- I hadn't heard of that and it looks interesting. It's the first one I've seen that leaves out both B-12 and methylfolate. Unfortunately the amount of B6 may be high for me.

I currently do all of the Bs individually and it's a nuisance, but I could not tolerate folate or much B6, so had no choice. My sense is that the exact ratios of aren't that relevant, but mainly you just don't want to take too much of any one, or too much overall. Fredd has pointed out that large amounts of B-multis are not necessary. But it's important to take them, however you do.