• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B-12 Pills, B-12 shots or Anti-Depressants?

Johnmac

@Johnmac I'm really happy your friend got better with Zinc, that's so great for them :) May I ask how much they were taking? I don't supplement with it because I think i meet the RDA from food and I read you can get anemia of you oversupplement with it? Sleep well everyone!

I gave you the shorthand version @pumpkin. My friend, after years on psych meds, was diagnosed with pyroluria - which you treat with zinc & B6 basically. After doing that he was able to throw away his psych meds. Sorry, I don't know his dosage - & the pyroluria dosage varies a lot anyway, & may not be relevant to you.

Yes, I agree you should not over-supplement with zinc. I have mild pyroluria myself, & started off with 150mg/day, but now am around 25-50, which seems to control symptoms nicely.