• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aviva Semi-Finals in Canada--$100K--Dec. 1 - Dec. 10, 2014!

frenchtulip

Semi-Finals will take place in a month. We are working to get contest info ready for posting in ME & FM groups worldwide. We need translators for European languages. Please see the copy below and post here if you would be able to help with a translation. Thank you very much for your help!

** WE NEED YOUR HELP - $100,000 for RESEARCH **

The National ME/FM Action Network is trying to win $100,000 for ME and FM Biomedical Research in the Aviva Community Fund Contest. They have already advanced to the semi finals and now need you to please vote daily from Dec 1 – 10 so they can be one of the 40 entries to advance to the final round. If they reach the finals, they are guaranteed $5000 and will have a chance to win $100,000. To vote you can register and vote with just your email address or you can use your Facebook account. Go to www.avivacommunityfund.org to register/signin then go to https://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf19712 to cast your vote.
If you would like a daily reminder to vote, you can receive either an email reminder by sending your email address to office@mefmaction.com or you can receive a Facebook notification by joining our event https://www.facebook.com/events/436713819800556/. Sign up today so you’ll be notified when the voting begins.
You can further help us by telling the judges how important research is to us by adding a comment to the contest entry. Just scroll down the entry to below the Broker information to the comments section. You can also help by sharing the contest details with your friends and family and ask them to vote too. If you know any groups please ask them to rally their members to vote too.

With everyone’s help, we can win this one! Thank you very much for your support of this research effort!

Explore Ideas | Aviva Community Fund
The Aviva Community Fund is giving away another $1,000,000! Find out more here http://avivacommunityfund.org
avivacommunityfund.org

Sasha

Fine, thank you
@frenchtulip - I think you need the call for translators in the title of the thread. What about:

Translators needed for 250 words to help win ME/CFS/FM research money in Aviva contest!

If you like the idea, report my post and ask for it to be actioned or tag Kina.

frenchtulip

Sasha, I am sorry! I don't think I saw the last two lines of your above post. Love your suggested title!

Anne

Voting starts in 3.5 hours, right? On your marks...

Two things to remember (correct me if I got something wrong):

It says in the rules (Who can vote?) that voters should be Canadian - however they have always counted international votes. So let's vote all around the globe!

We need to be top-20 in our category/funding level to make it to the semi-finals. Can we make it...?

Tuha

guys, I hope you are keen. We have to make it this time. I contacted some groups and asked them about advertising - they will do. Our job is to advertise a lot. Just say about this contest in your support group, ask your national organisation to advertise it. Post in ME facebook groups and ask your friends and family. If you see a post about on facebook, make a comment there - then the people will feel that the others join so they will do the same. SO contacting, contacting, contacting and advertising, advertising, advertising

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Help! Can't see a voting button anywhere.

@frenchtulip or @Tuha - I think that to get people's attention you need a fresh thread called something like 'Vote now and daily until 10 Dec to win $100,000 for Canada's ME/FM charity in Aviva contest".

This old thread starts off with a request for translators - it's quite confusing. I think the new thread should have some brief instructions and shouldn't be posted until voting is actually live (which I don't think it is yet?).

Sorry! I'm a bit confused. :confused:

Anne

Help! Can't see a voting button anywhere.

@frenchtulip or @Tuha - I think that to get people's attention you need a fresh thread called something like 'Vote now and daily until 10 Dec to win $100,000 for Canada's ME/FM charity in Aviva contest".

This old thread starts off with a request for translators - it's quite confusing. I think the new thread should have some brief instructions and shouldn't be posted until voting is actually live (which I don't think it is yet?).

Sorry! I'm a bit confused. :confused:

I agree! @frenchtulip or @Tuha , could you make a new thread?

Anne

Here's what I've put on my Facebook page (a shorter note in the post, then a comment with step-for-step instructions):

Help raise money for ME/CFS reseach - Vote daily from today until Dec 10

Please help us raise up to $100,000 for ME/CFS research by voting daily; it only takes a minute or two per day! Everyone around the world can vote once daily from Dec 1 to Dec 10 (Dec 11 in Australia). You don’t need to use a Facebook account, an e-mail address is all that’s needed.

Go to www.avivacommunityfund.org to register/sign in; then go to https://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf19712 to cast your vote.

Every vote is needed – many thanks!

How to vote step-by-step:

1. If you have voted in the Aviva Community Fund promotion in the previous years, go directly to our page and sign in (see #2).

If you haven’t voted before, you need to register – it’s easy (and this step you only do once). You can choose between registering through Facebook or registering via your e-mail.

Facebook: Click the “Connect your Facebook” button.

E-mail: Click the “Register” button at the top right of the screen. Fill in your e-mail address, choose a password, click “Register”. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to complete your registration (if it doesn’t appear, check your Spam folder or wait a while, the Aviva site may be overloaded and take some time).

2. Go to https://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf19712 and clickl the "Sign in" button. You should then be directed to the Advance ME Research page; if not, use the link above. Click the blue ”Vote Now” button. There will be a message confirming your vote and the button will turn grey.

5) Vote again tomorrow! Then go directly to https://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf19712
Sign in and click “Vote”. Please vote every day for 10 days.

If the ME/CFS/FM project is in the top-20 in our funding level category by Dec 11, it will receive at least $5,000 and could win $100,000 in the judged finals. That’s a lot of much needed money for biomedical ME/CFS research!

Sasha

Fine, thank you