• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Autoimmune syndromes caused by adjuvants in vaccines 2 papers.

currer

"The literature is flooded with case reports and small series of cases of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)1 4 and vasculitides5 9 which, according to the authors of these articles, were caused or induced by vaccines that were given to the patients prior to the eruption of the diseases. Therefore, the issue of vaccine-induced autoimmune disease10 may well be accepted by physicians and lawyers but, nonetheless, remains a controversial issue, carrying social and financial implications" http://lup.sagepub.com/content/20/7/665.extract

currer

Human adjuvant disease induced by foreign substances: a new model of ASIA (Shoenfeld's syndrome)

"Recently, four conditions were linked to previous exposure to an adjuvant substance. These conditions are siliconosis, Gulf War syndrome (GWS), macrophagic myofasciitis syndrome (MMS) and post-vaccination phenomena. Similar complexes of signs and symptoms were reported in these medical conditions, suggesting a common denominator in all four. Therefore, Shoenfeld et al. recently proposed a new syndrome named ASIA (Autoimmune/inflammatory Syndrome Induced by Adjuvants), which encompasses these four medical entities and probably other conditions related to exposure to adjuvant.11,12"
http://lup.sagepub.com/content/21/2/128.full

currer

"Last, but not least, in the past year the four medical conditions siliconosis, GWS, MMF, and post-vaccination phenomena were linked with previous exposure to an adjuvant. These four diseases share a similar complex of signs and symptoms, which further support a common denominator.11 One might suggest also that other substances that stimulate the immune response and act as adjuvants could produce similar manifestations. The environmental factors (adjuvant substances) can induce activation of innate and adaptive immune response and thus facilitate loss of tolerance and the development of ASIA.12 The criteria suggested by Shoenfeld for ASIA diagnosis are: exposure to external stimuli, prior appearance of myalgia, myositis, muscle weakness, arthralgia, arthritis, chronic fatigue, neurological manifestations, sleep disturbance, and cognitive impairment. Other characteristics are improvement after the removal of the inciting agent and characteristic biopsy of involved organs. The presence of autoantibodies or antibodies directed against adjuvant is required. Genetic factors may play a role in the risk of autoimmune disease.11 These are not yet validated criteria but can help for the immediate recognition of ASIA.26 Based on the above, our patients met the preliminary criteria proposed by Shoenfeld for this new syndrome induced by adjuvants. ASIA recognition as a systemic autoimmune entity requires high clinical suspicion.27 "

currer

Found this too;

Autoimmunity, Polyclonal B-Cell Activation and Infection
Norman A. Granholm
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Tito Cavallo
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Abstract
"It is widely believed that autoimmunity is an integral part of the immune system, and that genetic, immunologic, hormonal, environmental and other factors contribute to the pathogenesis of autoimmune disease. Thus, autoimmune disease may represent an abnormal expression of immune functions instead of loss of tolerance to self, and it can be organ specific or systemic in its manifestations. We review the various factors that contribute to the development of autoimmune disease; we also review the mechanisms of polyclonal B-cell activation, with emphasis on the role of infectious agents. We consider systemic lupus erythematosus in humans and in experimental animals as prototypic autoimmune disease, and we summarize data to indicate that polyclonal B-cell activation is central to the pathogenesis of systemic autoimmune disease. The effect of polyclonal B-cell activation, brought about by injections of a B-cell activator - lipopolysaccharide from Gram-negative bacteriais sufficient to cause autoimmune disease in an immunologically normal host. In fact, autoimmune disease can be arrested if excessive polyclonal B-cell activation is suppressed; alternatively, autoimmune disease can be exacerbated if polyclonal B-cell activation is enhanced. We explore the mechanism of tissue injury when autoimmune disease is induced or exacerbated, and we consider the pathogenic roles of autoantibodies, immune complexes, complement, the blood cell carrier system, and the mononuclear phagocyte system. Although polyclonal B-cell activation may be the mechanism whereby various factors can cause or exacerbate systemic autoimmune disease, polyclonal B-cell activation may cause autoimmune disease on its own."

currer

currer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunologic_adjuvant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squalene

"Adjuvants in immunology are often used to modify or augment the effects of a vaccine by stimulating the immune system to respond to the vaccine more vigorously, and thus providing increased immunity to a particular disease. Adjuvants accomplish this task by mimicking specific sets of evolutionarily conserved molecules......"

"Because immune systems have evolved to recognize these specific antigenic moieties, the presence of an adjuvant in conjunction with the vaccine can greatly increase the innate immune response to the antigen by augmenting the activities of dendritic cells (DCs), lymphocytes, and macrophages by mimicking a natural infection."

"There are many adjuvants, some of which are inorganic (such as alum), that also carry the potential to augment immunogenicity.[7][8] Two common salts include aluminium phosphate and aluminium hydroxide. These are the most common adjuvants in human vaccines."

"While Aluminium salts are popularly used in human vaccines, the organic compound Squalene is also used..... "

"Squalene is a natural organic compound originally obtained for commercial purposes primarily from shark liver oil, though plant sources (primarily vegetable oils) are used as well, including amaranth seed, rice bran, wheat germ, and olives. All plants and animals produce squalene, including humans....."

"Immunologic adjuvants are substances, administered in conjunction with a vaccine, that stimulate the immune system and increase the response to the vaccine....... Squalene is not itself an adjuvant, but it has been used in conjunction with surfactants in certain adjuvant formulations."

ramakentesh

it is quite likely the vaccination is only the catalyst for an autoimmune reaction - it constitutes the immuno-stressor or challenge just as stress or infection does in a genetically susceptible individual based on their specific histocompatibility. its like blaming gluten for celiac disease. However it is of interest that autoimmune illnesses have been on the rise since vaccination became the norm as have allergies.

adreno

PR activist
There are surely cases of susceptible individuals developing adverse reactions to vaccines, but statistically they are relatively few. Though it is unfortunate, what is the alternative? Millions would die if we did not use vaccines. The benefits outweigh the risks, IMO.

There is no conspiracy to poison people. As we gain more understanding, hopefully vaccines will be safer in the future. I find it likely that one day vaccines will be individualized, based on genetic testing.

currer

You are quite right adreno, there is no conspiracy to poison people.

But I think there is a conspiracy to ignore the damage vaccination can cause.
Vaccination will not stop - no - it must carry on - so - they have to ignore the signs that it is not completely safe.

Nothing will be done to address the problem of those illnesses possibly linked to vaccines.

Lynn Guilderdale developed severe ME at 14 following MMR vaccination. She was bedbound and in constant pain. She died at 32. They will not investigate or treat illness they suspect may be caused by these medical interventions.
People with autism cannot get treatment for their many symptoms, doctors are afraid of taking their problems seriously. Anyone vaccine damaged is a non-person. Collateral damage, to be ignored and denied.

I recently was at a talk given by top health professionals in Britain. Someone asked a question about the poor girl so severely ill following HPV vaccination. The question was ignored - no not even heard - as if it had never been asked.
Yet these were idealistic, good people whio believe in science. And this is the problem - they do not want to admit that medical science can harm.

SilverbladeTE

Currer
exactly, that's what Alex (sort of) alluded to in another thread.
Intelligent, sometimes caring people, so damn blinkered, that the "Ends Justify the Means" even when it is murder.
And it is murder when you put bullshit in front of your eyes and let folk die unecessary horrible deaths

Vaccines like nearly all pharma products, are dangerous
it's inherent, inescapable, the risks should be vastly outweighed by benefits, IF all is true

perosnally I'd ban the willynilly use of the damn things we have now, there's so many issues with them folk don't get.
Like any drug, they should only be used voluntarily under careful conditions
what the bastards are really doing is knowing thousands will sicken and die, but hey, "you can't make omelette without breaking eggs", so they insist on it by force if necessary ("no school if kids not immunized, go to jailif don' send kids ot school!"), and those "eggs" are children.
all to have"herd immunity"..which IMHO, is not the great thing they think it is.

• Pharma corps
  • injecting our young with these potentially catastrophic agents
  • idiocy in our grotesque arrogance we know jack sh*t! like the GM crop issue, the long term risks are unknowable, we could be condemning ourselves to extinction as a species and wouldn't bloody know until too late
  • What happens when you remove one organism from an ecosystem, hm? ie, get rid of one pathogen, what usually happens? another one finds a niche...and this new one brings whole new problems

etc etc

TO me, vaccination should be really for those at true high risk, for example some professions who risk tetanus infections or the like vastly higher than the norm.

Eradicting smallpox, a true plague, was one thing.
But if we vaccinate, as these clowns want, for more and more... and increasingly minor risk diseases, you up the risk of catastrophy
and it's all just for bloody profit and ego.

Yes, I know that sounds heartless, but these scum play on parents fears
"Buy our vaccine or your child DIES!"
brilliantly evil marketting gimmick, that's the reality :(

what would save vastly more kids lives, is greatly icnreasing the minimum wage, so like, you know, there aren't any poor sick stressed folk any more, hm?
and banning the closing of existing schoolls and/or building of mega-schools
what RETARD thought it is a good idea to crush more and more kids into bigger and bigger, but fewer and fewer schools, hm?
breeding grounds of infection, lice, crime and abuse, that's what they are

Jeesh, I hope there's nothing out in space as dumb as us Humans?! :p

morse27

@currer , i have ASIA syndrome of shoenfeld after swine H1N1 flu vaccin PANDEMRIX wich contain squalene AS03 and tocopherol (vit E)
i have exactly the same illness than your US SOLDIERS in first gulf war , all symptoms , hypogonadism: totall impotence , heart disorder, tiredness, myalgia, artralgia, headaches , gastro intestinal disorder, urinary problem........
i have the diagnose of ME/CFS since 2010 in france, i tried to meet Kogelnil team in mountain view to cure with rituxan this ME after flu vaccin.
OMI saw i have not biomarkers known in our patients , all have low NK cell in innate immune system also patients sick after a vaccine!!
doctor kaufman says me , i'm alone with these differences,
i leaved with a ME woman some month and i saw that many differences exist between ME and GULF WAR ILLNESS.
she obtain rituxan therapy in omi and feel better now after few month (5)
for me its not same , rituxan help me only on inflamatory disorder and not on artralgia, myalgia, fatigue and sleep disorder, i can say it worse me more than it can help me
in my blood test , the NK Lymph before RTX was at 24% for a range to 10 to 22%

after 5 doses courses of 1 gr and 12 month later,
NK cells were to 38%
with an hyperLymphocitoses
high T cell count
i thiink to be alone on this PR forum with this illness in relation, with squalen adjuvant injuries, its true than gulf war illness is in relation with anthrax vaccines with squalen MF59 adjuvant , they received 6 doses of this experimental vaccine, 1/3 came back sick with this disease, and other as narcolespy, all autoimmune diseases , soldiers deployed or no deployed !
in 2010 , GSK laboratorie make a terrible error , tried squalen in flu pandemia vaccines , many civilian , young, in very good health feel sick , just few days after the shoot
GSK and the WHO , refused to admit our disease, i 'm in contact with all veterans of gulf war , and we are in same condition, we 'll dying in some years , in average between 6 to 8 years for severe form , more for all , doctor baraniuk explain MRI studies give two family or form of GWS , moderate or severe in relation with brain area destroyed .
in fact rituxan did not improvment for us
i want to add that myofasciite a macrophages induce by aluminium adjuvant is not the same illness

also, many people received diagnose of ME/CFS after a shoot vaccine, but in fact these person are just sufferer by ASIA syndrom of shoenfeld and THEY DONT included in clinical trial for ME/CFS
i think its the reason that only 2/3 of people in these studies improve after rituxan therapy and not 1/3 because they are not sick with ME /CFS disease

natasa778

Autoimmune/autoinflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvants (ASIA syndrome) in commercial sheep

We describe a form of the autoimmune/autoinflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvants (ASIA syndrome) in commercial sheep, linked to the repetitive inoculation of aluminum-containing adjuvants through vaccination. The syndrome shows an acute phase that affects less than 0.5% of animals in a given herd, it appears 2-6 days after an adjuvant-containing inoculation and it is characterized by an acute neurological episode with low response to external stimuli and acute meningoencephalitis, most animals apparently recovering afterward. The chronic phase is seen in a higher proportion of flocks, it can follow the acute phase, and it is triggered by external stimuli, mostly low temperatures. The chronic phase begins with an excitatory phase, followed by weakness, extreme cachexia, tetraplegia and death. Gross lesions are related to a cachectic process with muscular atrophy, and microscopic lesions are mostly linked to a neurodegenerative process in both dorsal and ventral column of the gray matter of the spinal cord. Experimental reproduction of ovine ASIA in a small group of repeatedly vaccinated animals was successful. Detection of Al(III) in tissues indicated the presence of aluminum in the nervous tissue of experimental animals. The present report is the first description of a new sheep syndrome (ovine ASIA syndrome) linked to multiple, repetitive vaccination and that can have devastating consequences as it happened after the compulsory vaccination against bluetongue in 2008. The ovine ASIA syndrome can be used as a model of other similar diseases affecting both human and animals. A major research effort is needed in order to understand its complex pathogenesis.