• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

autoimmune/anakinra

rebar

I may have a chance to try Anakinra, an IL-1 antagonist, a drug used for RA and a few other autoimmune disorders. I believe the drug has recently been used by Dr. Klimas and last week it was mentioned in the treatment discussion at the recent CFSAC meeting. Any thoughts, and or experience with it? Thanks in advance, this is an essential site, and although this is my first post I have avidly read and kept up with this community.

Nielk

Hi rebar,

I have no answer for you regarding Anakinra but, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

*GG*

I am not familiar with this drug either, but wanted to mention anohter Immune Modulating drug that is perhaps less harsh? LDN (low dose Naltrexone). Vitamin D is also an immune modulator. How are your levels? Don't believe the mainstream numbers, even if they say you are fine, it's an inexpensive supplement. Check out Dr. Mecolas website for the values you should aim for.

GG

PS Welcome to the forum, like the name, pour some concrete before?

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
I don't know anyone who has taken it.

It is an experimental drug for people with ME or CFS and so you need to be mindful of side effects.

But there is only one way we will find out whether it helps patients: if patients like yourself actually try it.

If you do try it, keep us updated. :)