• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

autism and CFS in family tree

I have CFS. We also have autism and aspergers in our family tree, so I wonder if CFS and autism are related at the genetic level. Does anyone else have CFS and autism/aspergers in their family tree?

Anteah

I was always wondering the same thing! Pretty sure have both in my family, and a mix of both myself. Totally agree it is a methylation(poor detox) issues.

taniaaust1

Yes there seems to be a link.. We've had this discussion many times in these forums as so many of us have Autism or Aspergers in our families or have children with this myself included. My father (and myself) also have Aspergers and its his side of the family the ME/CFS is also running in.

Whether its a certain genetic predisposition which is to both ME/CFS/Autism or the issues with detox or methylation which are causing the link.. who knows but one of those things seems to be.