• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Australian Government to seriously work on Lyme

GcMAF Australia

STEP SIX – COMMONWEALTH CLINICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON LYME DISEASE IN AUSTRALIA

by davidlyme
Drop everything and send more letters!
There is a potentially significant development at the federal level. A number of us have written to the Federal Minister. Form letters were received in response. Then, in a space of four days, the letters changed, to include the following:
“The Commonwealth Chief Medical Officer is convening a Clinical Advisory Committee on Lyme Disease in Australia to provide advice on the evidence for Lyme Disease in Australia, diagnostic testing, treatments and research requirements. The committee will also provide advice on the most appropriate ways to disseminate information to health professionals and the general public.”
This has the potential to change the field of play in Australia, and that could have flow on effects internationally as well. However, that will not happen if the advisory committee is composed of people who take the denialist position of the NSW Health Department. Given the importance of this, I feel that it is appropriate to politely bring this to the attention of the Federal and NSW Health Ministers. Please join me in writing to the Ministers to raise these points:
  • This is an exciting development and we are grateful for the move forward that it represents
  • There is of course already evidence that Lyme Disease exists in Australia
  • The medical profession appears to be divided on this issue. We are concerned that the advisory committee includes representation of the senior members of the profession who are convinced the disease exists here, and are well aware of the suffering caused by the failure to diagnose and appropriately treat this disease
  • Regardless of whether the disease exists here, Australians are great travellers and wherever they caught it, many Australians and their families are caught in a cycle of suffering and mistreatment
  • In addition to Lyme Disease, it is very important that attention be given to typical co-infections such as babesiosis and bartonella (an Australian man died of locally acquired babesiosis last year), which greatly complicate the treatment of Lyme Disease.
To make it really easy for you, I have already written the letters for you. They have their separate pages, and can be reached by clicking here on Federal or NSW. For those of you in other States or Territories, there is nothing to stop you writing to these people, as well as to your local Health Minister. [For those of you in other countries, I invite you to join us in writing to our Ministers, Australians always pay more attention to people overseas than we do to locals (google "cultural cringe") :) ]
I suggest that you forward a copy to your own local members, so that they can do their job and represent you in the Parliament, even if they don't really want to! This is a really important issue for us. Rope in your friends and family and get them to help. Work colleagues, people from church, the ladies from your mother's group, your neighbours, the weird bloke on the bus, ask them all!
PLEASE JOIN US!

Lyme Awareness world wide
climaxing in May