• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aus: Chronic Fatigue study to examine benefits of exercise

Artstu

I live not too far from where this is happening. I might even be willing to participate if I knew they were doing it right and not pushing participants too far.

I'd participate as well if they paid for me to get there and housed and fed me for the duration. I have a feeling I'd cost a bit too much.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
alex3619 - Dr Enlander in NY seems to be working on something similar - he took a bit of a pop at the PACE trial (if memory serves) from the floor at the FDA meeting on Day One. It's summarised here:

http://phoenixrising.me/archives/16854
Derek Enlander [Timestamp 82:08 – 84:05]

With a million dollar grant from a patient, Dr. Derek Enlander started the ME/CFS Center at Mt. Sinai in New York. Their first project is to prove whether GET was appropriate for this disease. They expect to look at 150 patients and 150 controls, researching PEM. They are looking at all cytokines and immune markers. With Dr. Eric Schadt, a well known geneticist, on board, they are looking at genetic studies comparing ME/CFS patients to healthy controls. They already have a series of 39 page genome studies on their first patients.