• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ATP Profile Test

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that can interpret my ATP profile test please?

I've had it done but not really sure what it all means. If so I will copy/attach it.

Many thanks for any help

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hello,

I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that can interpret my ATP profile test please?

I've had it done but not really sure what it all means. If so I will copy/attach it.

Many thanks for any help

Why don't you just attach it? I'm sure someone here will be able to help interpret it. I think user Hip is knowledgeable about these tests. I had them done through Sarah Myhill 7 years ago and they showed marked abnormalities, and essentially said I had 15% of normal energy production.

2017-07-07 11.32.40.jpg
2017-07-07 11.32.16.jpg
2017-07-07 11.31.41.jpg
2017-07-07 11.31.06.jpg
2017-07-07 11.30.39.jpg
2017-07-07 11.29.23.jpg
View attachment 22331 View attachment 22332 View attachment 22333 View attachment 22334 View attachment 22335

Hip

Looking at your ATP Studies Test result, this I believe shows you are a Group B ME/CFS patient, because your ADP to ATP re-conversion (oxidative phosphorylation) is described as "poor" in your test results. Your ADP to ATP re-conversion efficiency is measured as 57.4%.

Group B is described in this post. Group B patients tend to be more severe than Group A1 or Group A2. Group B patients may benefit from D-ribose supplementation (especially I think during PEM periods).

Q10 is also important for oxidative phosphorylation.

You are also slightly low on ATP-related magnesium, so you might benefit from supplementing high dose transdermal magnesium.

More info on the ATP Studies Test can be found in this thread:

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

Unfortunately I don't know how to interpret the other tests you have had.

Thank you so much for taking your time to read my test results.

I am taking d ribose, Q10 and magnesium injections, so that's good! (along with a number of other supplements too)

I've noticed in Dr Myhill's book she says to take manganese & copper supplements if my SODase is low. I know this is referring to the 2nd last page of my results above, but i'm not sure if mine shows my SODase is low or not?

Also I have no idea what it means on page 2 (highlighted at the bottom) where it says "copper is on some CL synthase sites"

If anyone knows what this means that would be amazing.....thank you very much :)

Hip

Also I have no idea what it means on page 2 (highlighted at the bottom) where it says "copper is on some CL synthase sites"

If anyone knows what this means that would be amazing.....thank you very much

Dr McLaren-Howard has the idea that functioning of various sites in the cell can be hampered by the presence of endogenous or exogenous chemicals stuck on these sites. So I think in this case, the idea is that copper may be hampering the function of your cardiolipin (CL) synthase site, which makes cardiolipin (an important part of the inner mitochondrial membrane).

I am not sure what evidence there is that such chemicals can block the functioning of such sites, but I think the idea is that by detoxifying these chemicals, you may improve the situation.

You also have some chemicals on your translocator protein (TL) sites: high amounts of "fluorescent chemical #2", which may be related to some dye (hair die possibly?).

Yes - I saw the hair dye part - however I don't dye my hair !

Bit confused about the copper blocking sites - is this a totally different kind of copper to copper supplements someone can take?

Hip

Yes - I saw the hair dye part - however I don't dye my hair !
Bit confused about the copper blocking sites - is this a totally different kind of copper to copper supplements someone can take?

Possibly a food dye, as you might find in confectionery or soft drinks.

It is the same copper. I understand that copper in excess can be toxic in the body. If you have any copper jewelry, that can be a source of copper in the body.

As I mentioned though, I am not sure how much evidence there is for chemicals blocking the functioning of these sites.

Thanks for your replies.

So if that's the case and I have high copper then I guess I shouldn't take a copper supplement?

I'm trying out Dr Myhill's book and it says about taking a copper supplement.