Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

At Home, Online Vision Exams. Free for now!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Ema, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Now you can renew your prescription at home from your computer in some states!

https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/lif...804_ONLINEEYEEXAM0518&aff_unique2=ITR-1085621

2. rel8ted

rel8ted Senior Member

VA
    Sincerely hoping people do not mistake this for an actual eye exam, which actual checks the health of your eyes and sometimes medical issues.

3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    That is not the point, as they clearly acknowledge.

Most states require a new prescription every year for contacts and every few years for glasses. People who have stable vision do not need a new exam every year as evidenced by the fact that contact lens prescriptions historically did not have these onerous restrictions.

Obviously this is not in place of a full exam by a qualified eye doctor, but could save a person with MECFS a trip out every other year, plus could also save some money. I fail to see how that could not be a benefit for the homebound who struggle greatly with this type of “routine” appointment.

4. rel8ted

rel8ted Senior Member

VA
    The reason for yearly CLexams is to check for problems such as oxygen deprivation due to over wearing the lenses which leads to a whole host of issues. Someone who has ever developed a corneal ulcer will not take those yearly exams for granted.

I'm nor saying it isn't get out, just that those requirements are there for more reasons than just to make sure eye docs make enough income. I've seen a side of that which most here have not, therefore I feel differently. It is not a personal attack.

See more popular forum discussions.