• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: XMRV Confirmation Around the Corner? Journalists Report FDA/NIH Confirm XMRV

Honestly my guess, actually, is that they are appalled to see this out there. I think the researchers, in particular, would like to have a 'clean release'. I don't know how, on the other hand, the Dutch journalists got it - someone must have given it to them. In any case they're getting their reaction! ;)

Honestly my guess, actually, is that they are appalled to see this out there. I think the researchers, in particular, would like to have a 'clean release'. I don't know how, on the other hand, the Dutch journalists got it - someone must have given it to them. In any case they're getting their reaction! ;)

It seems that the conference organizers simply made Alter's Powerpoint presentation publicly available over the web. That seems the only thing on which the Dutch press is based.

Oops.

My guess is that Gert, the editor-in-chief of the Dutch magazine ORTHO, or one of his/her colleagues, is a "friend" with interest in CFS since 1988...

"ORTHO is a Dutch magazine for health professionals focusing on nutrition and dietary supplements. ORTHO has been publishing reports on CFS since 1988. Editor-in-chief: Gert E. Schuitemaker (PhD). Tel: + 31 (0) 315 695211 / + 49 (0) 170 808 9484. E-mail: ortho@orthoeurope.com."

Great job Cort!

Elisabeth

Well, I don't know. People already had their minds made up--or were tilting strongly in one direction. So now, some are tilting in the other direction. We all await the official publication!