• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Now it's up to us! $250 000 dollar for research into our illness?

Hey Frank - thanks for posting!

After getting into my facebook account, searching for Chase giving application, clicking on Like and then going to chasegiving.tk and choosing WPI, getting to the WPI voting page and clicking on Vote Now - the vote total does not change. :confused:

Am I doing something wrong - or is it counted??

Kristina

the application is acting weird, i think your vote will be counted, we have to wait till it works properly again is my guess. Did the vote now button dissapear or is it still there? If the vote now button disappeared your vote will count for sure. I'm doing some testing now, for application permission, maybe in my video i didn't have to give this application permission because i was already registered to it, and others will have to do this. You'll hear from me. 117 votes for wpi at the moment.:victory:

Another great idea from Frank! We can do this! I'm up for it. If we all do this we can definitely get the WPI some more money (and they apparently really need it).

Voting

WPI is sitting at 121 and Pandora at around 60. I think the leaders were sitting in at over 600. Would we get more participation if this was placed in one of the forums and reminding people they can vote everyday up until July 13?

Frank - the vote now button did not dissappear after I voted, and the vote count stays the same. At the bottom of the internet page it says "Error on page" where it usually says "done". Do you think this is a problem with my internet settings?

thanks, Kristina

it's difficult to tell Kristina, maybe try again tommorow. I'm wondering if the 20 votes is all you'll get for the whole campaign, i thought i read, you get 20 new ones every day... i'm not sure

Official Rules

it's difficult to tell Kristina, maybe try again tommorow. I'm wondering if the 20 votes is all you'll get for the whole campaign, i thought i read, you get 20 new ones every day... i'm not sure

I've been trying to post in the Advocacy section but have been locked out. You only get 20 votes during the whole voting period (and possibly 2 Gift Votes). You may vote for one cause only once (unless you receive a Gift Vote; then you can vote a second time for the same cause). The Official Rules can be accessed at the bottom of the Get Involved page. Here is what it says about voting:

Participating and Voting

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR VOTE. During the voting period, Participants who allow "Access" and "Like" the Chase Community Giving application on the Facebook platform, may vote for Charities. Unless a Participant is the recipient of a Gift Vote, described below, each Participant will be limited to one (1) vote per Charity with a total of twenty (20) votes per valid user profile. Participants will earn an extra vote ("Gift Vote") after casting five (5) votes and a second Gift Vote again when they cast all twenty (20) votes (excluding Gift Votes). Gift Votes may only be sent to and used by another Participant who may use the Gift Vote to vote for any Charity, but may only vote for the same Charity no more than two (2) times.

Since we are limited to one or possibly two votes for the WPI and P.A.N.D.O.R.A., it seems it would be a good idea to contact other groups on Facebook which stand to benefit from the work of the WPI and P.A.N.D.O.R.A.. For the WPI, that would include Fibromyalgia, Autism, and other neuroimmune illnesses. For P.A.N.D.O.R.A., it would include Alzheimer's, Fibromyalgia, Environmental Illnesses, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Chronic Lyme Disease, and Lyme-induced Autism. If the groups are not on Facebook, perhaps they would put a blurb about the Chase Community Giving Program on the websites and provide a link to the instructional video.

here is maybe one interesting proposal from Mary Silverman (PANDORA) how to get one more point - mayby it can be important - we have now 120 votes and with this system we could have 240 - so here is here proposal:
Here is a very important rule for you all to follow while voting on Chase Community Giving. So go ahead and vote for 5 charities today: here are my suggestions: P.A.N.D.O.R.A., WPI, THE LANFORD FOUNDATION-LIFELYME, Inc, The New Jersey CFS Association, Vermont CFIDS Association.
... "During the voting period, Participants who allow "Access" and "Like" the Chase Community Giving application on the Facebook platform, may vote for Charities. Unless a Participant is the recipient of a Gift Vote, described below, each Participant will be limited to one (1) vote per Charity with a total of twenty (20) votes per valid user profile. Participants will earn an extra vote ("Gift Vote") after casting five (5) votes and a second Gift Vote again when they cast all twenty (20) votes (excluding Gift Votes). Gift Votes may only be sent to and used by another Participant who may use the Gift Vote to vote for any Charity, but may only vote for the same Charity no more than two (2) times."

so my question is - will we follow here initiative and if yeas will we chose WPI or Pandora for second vote?
And is it not possible to send to all online users of this forum a message of this activity or maybe to make a big red announce of this activity or something like this which everyone can see because maybe not all visitors of this web site check front page or the action allert section. I think there are at least thousand of visitors a day.
maybe we could also contact national cfs organisations in all over the world - they have to have a lot of members. do we know the persons who can do it in their countries - I can do it in Czech republic

re vote being counted: I had an error message at the top that I didn't have 3rd party cookies enabled (for use of www.chasegiving.tk) so I enabled it in Tools/Options/ security I think.
It did let me vote a second time today. But the total number of votes is still small. All the WPI people aren't voting yet.

I set up a Facebook account for my mom (with her permission). She has no interest in being on Facebook, but she's happy to vote for this cause. After the vote is over I'll take her profile down. So if anyone has parent/parents not setup on Facebook you can do it for them with their permission.

WPI is sitting at 121 and Pandora at around 60. I think the leaders were sitting in at over 600. Would we get more participation if this was placed in one of the forums and reminding people they can vote everyday up until July 13?

Absolutely I think it would, Shannah - lets somebody put it in the Advocacy Section if its not there now. We can make it a sticky.