• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: GEN CEO Perspectives: What Would You Tell President-Elect Trump?

me/cfs 27931

GEN CEO Perspectives: What Would You Tell President-Elect Trump?
Top CEOs Discuss the Importance of Pharma, Diagnostics, and Devices

http://www.genengnews.com/gen-artic...hat-would-you-tell-president-elect-trump/5919

Thomas K. Equals. President and CEO Hemispherx Biopharma:

"Critical to our nation’s progress as a leader in drug development is aggressively addressing serious diseases with unmet medical needs, i.e., diseases with no approved treatments. It will 1) advance public health, 2) reduce the cost to the nation due to the disease burden, and 3) support the pharmaceutical industry to work on these diseases—and funding should be commensurate with the disease burden.

For example, myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) affects approximately one million people in the U.S. In the most severe cases, the people are totally disabled. The estimated cost to our nation, per the CDC, is approximately $22 billion a year in healthcare costs and lost productivity. ME/CFS has no approved therapy in the U.S. We just obtained the first approval in Argentina for our therapeutic Ampligen as a treatment for ME/CFS.

We need the U.S. to break through bureaucratic quagmires and work with us toward a rapid approval. Why? Billions in social costs are saved. Thousands of totally disabled people have an opportunity to recover and return to work. Finally, Ampligen production in the U.S. will mean more than 1,000 high-paying new jobs in biopharma manufacturing, labs, and clinics. Making America Great is all about exactly this type of focus and innovation. We must continue to be a leader in all industries and we cannot ignore the biotech sector by regulating it out of business."

It's good to see this message repeated. Huge disease burden, little funding.

*GG*

It's good to see this message repeated. Huge disease burden, little funding.

Yes, nice to see this message repeated, but I don't hold out much hope for Ampligen. I have been housebound and doubt I would risk a deterioration in my health due to this drug. If others want to do it, go for it.

I will stick with my LDN and next time I see the Dr ask about

GG

ash0787

He intends to sort out obamacare so that might be of some use to some people here, hes not famed for his scientific prowess though, I would love to talk to him in general though and know whats on his mind at the moment.