• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: "Acupuncture Heals Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

Hello,

Has anybody tried this treatment? :
http://www.healthcmi.com/Acupunctur...33-acupuncture-heals-chronic-fatigue-syndrome

I had recently 8 session of regular acupuncture.
After the first 5 I felt clearly noticeable worse.
After the following 2 my symptoms improved slightly, except that after session 6 I got a pain in my neck and the right lower back for about 2 days, after the following the same pains returned and continued, so that by session 8 we decided just to treat for the pains and to end the treatment thereafter.

ukxmrv

I've had long courses of acupuncture 3 times over the last 30 years. I did help the pain I had after an accident but only after a long period of time (I was happy with this though) but nothing for my core ME symptoms which are viral.

Please note that the treatment mentioned in the study is not regular acupuncture, but “Electroacupuncture plus ICT (interferential current therapy)".

ukxmrv

I had electroaccupunture for a long course. Not sure about the ICT. Would have to see the equipment. The person who did the treatment was trained in China.

Raines

Seize. Eggs. I don't know. Zebra. Eighties.
I did accupunture for almost a year, I found it relaxing but it never seemed to make any difference to my ME.

I stopped when she told me her story of how she cured her ME, one day she decided enough was enough and just got on with life and she suggested I do the same.

I think I've read that when it comes to extreme fatigue moxibustion (acupuncture done while also burning a specific herb) is better than regular acupuncture. It's more expensive though, and I don't believe you can get it at regular community acupuncture clinics.

worldbackwards

I think I've read that when it comes to extreme fatigue moxibustion (acupuncture done while also burning a specific herb) is better than regular acupuncture. It's more expensive though, and I don't believe you can get it at regular community acupuncture clinics.
I've never found it much use, but I've never known an acupuncturist not to do it if they think it will be useful, either in a clinic setting or out of the home.

Gondwanaland

I had to stop with the acupuncture sessions (moxibustion) because my dr was treating my back pressure as if it was muscular pain when in fact it was due to adrenals/liver issues.

I found craniosacral therapy very useful to restore adrenals, but the effect would last only 48 hours. It stopped working when salicylate sensitivity was extreme. After healing from sal sensitivity I didn't restart acupuncture or craniosacral due to lack of money.

worldbackwards

I had to stop with the acupuncture sessions (moxibustion) because my dr was treating my back pressure as if it was muscular pain when in fact it was due to adrenals/liver issues.
I once had a guy who did that. He barely spoke English as well, so it was very difficult to get through to him, though I suspect it wouldn't have made much difference. If this happens to anyone, make the sign of the cross and run like the wind (or more likely just stagger out of the clinic).

ukxmrv

I had moxibustion done for a long series of appointments the very first time I had acupuncture. Still got the scar on my back.

Gondwanaland

Before seeing the dr who did moxibustion I saw a dr who did Electroacupuncture. I complained about fatigue and adrenals and he said I should work in relieving my childhood traumas :rolleyes:

When I talked about bruxism he said that the underlying cause for it is unknown since his 8yo son also had it and it could not be attributed to emotional stress. For that matter, I didn't have emotional stress as a child either :rolleyes: but point being he had no idea about the gut as an underlying cause for bruxism - food sensitivities/intolerances and dysbiosis :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

brenda

It depends on the acupuncturist.

I saw a medical doctor in Germany who had also trained in Chinese medicine and had one treatment from her and it was amazing. All of my pain went and I felt like I had taken something illegal (I never have just guessing) It lasted a week of euphoria and then went but I could not afford to keep going.

My husband is studying acupuncture, 2nd year so I am his guinea pig ,anyway just had a nice treatment for calming ,love that guy ,poor fella has to do everything now ,uni ,cleaning ,dog walking ,my family have been great ,,,LOVE Em :)