• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article about Pacific Fatigue Lab (PFL) on the University of the Pacific website

Hope123

The latest published study I saw from them was very disappointing. Anyone know if they've published more recent work that does confirm their earlier findings?

I actually found that article interesting -- particularly for health care providers to diagnose ME/CFS quicker and more accurately. In a clinic environment, the way diagnosis starts with any condition is with patient report of symptoms and if clinicians can be educated to look beyond fatigue and only CDC criteria symptoms, that is a good start. Good clinicians are trained to use testing as a way to confirm their clinical suspicions, not to order every test in the book initially -- not just for cost/ logistical reasons but also because some tests may have side effects/ discomfort for patients.

Gamboa

I've printed this article and will be showing it to some of the people who think I'm making this stuff up when I say I get quite sick after doing exercise. They nod their heads and say that they too don't feel well after exercise.

I would also like to have this testing done on myself just as further proof. Does anyone know if Ithaca is doing this testing? I had heard they were but when I sent an email inquiring about it I never received a response.

*GG*

Not sure if Ithaca is still doing the testing. I had it done about 2 years ago.

PM me if you want more info, I don't follow every posting I make.

GG