• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Armour thyoird

digital dog

I had my fillings out by a holistic dentist four years ago now.
I am going to try LDn again but I don't have much hope due to the insomnia. I get a lot of insomnia and it affects my mental health badly.
I will read Dr Dash.
Thank you so much for taking the time to post all this.

Gondwanaland

I am always chasing stuff to help me with insomnia. THey work for a while and then stop. Things that helped:

400mg of magnesium oxide at bed time (I don't get diarrhea from it since I have chronic constipation/dysbiosis)
25mg of 5-Htp at 6 PM (I have downregulated serotonin to match my +/+MAO-A)
Saccharomyces boulardii at bedtime
D-Lactate-free probiotics at bed time

the above have stopped working

right now 1/2 cup of Olive Leaf tea is making the trick

All of these are anti-inflammatory stuff. Sooner or later I will try LDN and hope it won't disturb my sleep for long

digital dog

Unfortunately I can't take magnesium, 5htp or probiotics.

I am very wary of trying things but thank you so much for the suggestions. I think it is my thyroid flaring when I can't sleep. It is so powerful and completely different from the usual fatigue.

I definitely think people should try LDN. I will keep trying.