• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Argenine Makes my skin breakout

gettinbetter

Hello All

I have been doing some reading on Amino Acids that help with growth hormone

Argenine Ornithine and Citroline

Argenine is effective but it makes my skin break out on the fingertips area and it's very uncomfortable

When i eat to many dairy products I get a similar reaction

Is there someway I can adjust the ratio of these three supps to minimize the "side effects"

Thanks All

Last edited:

Martial

Hello All

I have been doing some reading on Amino Acids that help with growth hormone

Argenine Ornithine and Citroline

Argenine is effective but it makes my skin break out on the fingertips area and it's very uncomfortable

Is there someway I can adjust the ratio of these three supps to minimize the "side effects"

Thanks All

Did you check for any filler ingredients? Didn't know there was amino acids specific for HGH. Maybe should try a bit myself, my illness caused my test levels to drop below 150 at certain points.

Gingergrrl

I don't know if this is the same product or pertains to you but my ND said that L-Arginine can increase or worsen herpes viruses so in my case w/EBV I was not able to take it.

adreno

PR activist
Try to take it with similar amounts of lysine and see if that helps. Arginine, lysine and ornithine usually go together. Citruline is an arginine precursor, you don't need both.

gettinbetter

What kind of skin breakouts?
It's always the ends of the fingers surrounding the fingernails
If I eat to much Dairy products I have the same reaction so I don't know if it's the fillers
could be argenine just doesn't agree with me
I wonder if I would get good results just using citroline and ornithine
What I am trying to achieve is more growth hormone at night and more testosterone
I need to keep my strength up as I get older because for me retirement is not an option