The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Are You Guys Able to Get PainKillers (Hydrocodone) It the only thing that Helps me

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by beatsmyth, Jun 6, 2018.

1. beatsmyth

beatsmyth

The only thing that makes me feel normal and without the Nerve/Full Body pain is 10/325 Hydrocodones.

Now I guess no one wants to prescribe them anymore. I just went to a new Pain Management Clinic yesterday and all they did was give me Lyrica, which I admit am scared as hell to try because of the horror stories and side effects.

Anyway, I told him the Hydrocodones are literally the only thing that give me relief, and he says on his computer, as he has the CFS/Fibromyalgua tabs open that Pain Killers are not prescribed for Fibr/CFS and that its addictive.

Well my 2 options are be in full body Nerve Pain/Tired/Feeling like absolute crap where all I can do is in lay in bed and I'm lucky if I can even do 1-2 hours of anything (house work, cook, dishes, etc) or if I take my Pain Killers I am actually able to make it through at least 5-6 hours of being able to feel like my normal healthy self and actually get things done.

In fact, if I can stay on pain killers, I am considering trying to get a part time job and work that way. But these people, these Docs simply have zero clue, no empathy, no understanding what we go through.

Anyone here have success in getting your doctors or pain clinic to be able to prescribe you pain killers?

panckage, KathMorcos, alkt and 2 others like this.
  2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I know one prescription-free overseas pharmacy that sells opioid pain medications: www.tramadolandfioricet.net which is reviewed here. If you join pharmacyreviewer.co and build up to I believe it is 60 posts, they give you access to a private area of the forum where they discuss pharmacies that sell controlled drugs like pain meds.

Have you ever tried benfotiamine 300 mg for muscle and nerve pain? There's some good reports online. It's a cheap supplement.

alkt and Wayne like this.
  3. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi @beatsmyth,

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Have you by any chance considered drinking POPPY SEED TEA? I'm one of those people with CFS who gets improvements with opioid medications. I normally restrict my usage to a couple times a week, and only take 1/4 tablet of Tylenol 4 at a time (which is about 15 mg codeine).

I recently discovered poppy seed tea has a gentle sedating and pain alleviating effect on me. A normal cup of tea amount may not be strong enough for you, but perhaps making a concentrated tea mght, as it contains codeine, morphine, and other substances in moderate amounts. -- Best, Wayne

alkt likes this.
  4. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    Tramadol worked great for me, it just wasn't a long term solution. Kratom however seems to a great long term solution. Similar effects but I can take it 2 out of every 3 days without any tolerance/withdrawal or any other known negative effects

Wayne likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.