• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are these symptoms POTS?

outdamnspot

I'm a little confused over what POTS is, exactly. I know there's the blood-pressure/heart-rate changes on standing, which would presumably cause dizziness etc.

However, I have these symptoms and was wondering if they fit at all:

1. Extreme physical weakness (like my limbs are heavy/made of stone); also, some loss of coordination and difficulty walking. Moving my body becomes a burden.

2. A feeling that I'm sinking into the ground when I walk, or being pulled down by gravity.

3. Difficulty standing (but also because of the weakness + the sinking feeling).

4. Constant adrenaline.

5. Breathlessness/faintness on exertion (running up stairs).

The symptoms are worse when I haven't eaten, and are also improved sometimes by salt/hydration. Interestingly, when my 'adrenals' respond temporarily to things (caffeine, herbs etc.) before tolerance sets in, a lot of these symptoms improve.